1:10 Straw-bale Method

alan

I blatantly copied the technique in a French lad's video but since I can't find it at the moment, I've linked this gem instead (nobody gets hurt)... But.. *Don't do this at home! Anyone attempting something like this is probably an idiot.*

I wanted to get the measurements as close to scale as possible so in order to rip this piece of wood, out came the in-a-pinch-upside-down-circular-saw-table-saw (nobody gets hurt)...But.. *Don't do this at home! Anyone attempting something like this is probably an idiot.*

saw.jpg

tool-2.jpg

box.jpg

Including the unraveling of the required amount of sisal twine (way more than in this pic), it took me an entire night in front of the TV to make just one bale. I must admit though, it was extremely zen.
28 gauge galvanized steel wire is used to keep it pretty.

twine.jpg

reveal.jpg

bale.jpg

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
Dooode, very creative and the results are outstanding.
BTW... you're as dangerous as all hell! :evilgrin:

pardonmyn00b

What the hell was that?!
The end result is incredible. And it appears that there isn't any blood on the straw bale so you have all of your fingers and toes still attached, yes?

B

BrooklinsFinest

your saw seems to be missing its table.. ;)

Last edited:

DRW-FJ40

chicks dig small trucks
that is one cool bale!

Love the redneck tablesaw... whooda thunk it? makes perfect sense though and being smaller than a real table saw it would be much more portable so you could take it in the bathtub. gonna have show my kids that one.

MidlandRC

Crazy scale realism on that Al. Wow!!

Love that saw too. Shot the eyebrows up when I scrolled down to the pic. :yikes:

ol Swede

:biggthumpup:That looks soooo real. Wonder how far ya could throw one of them babies when ya rool it over to pick it up & a scale blacksnake is trying to evacuate the premises?

Peter of A.

I blatantly copied the technique in a French lad's video but since I can't find it at the moment, I've linked this gem instead (nobody gets hurt)... But.. *Don't do this at home! Anyone attempting something like this is probably an idiot.*

*Blahblahblah*

*And voil?*

bale.jpg

Wow, it's really awesome ! I really like your device, it looks so simple, and still, it make such nice straw-ball ! I'll have to make my own !

btw, don't want to hijack your thread, but here is the link for the French lad's video :

nigelpheron

Supporting Member
Wow! That is such an incredible modelling technique. And thanx for sharing it too. Awesome.::2thumbs

That first video blew my mind too. Gonna show it to some buds at work tomorrow.