1975 International Harvester Pickup

Halme

V.I.P. Member
24547525083_69d0ae6b94_b.jpg

Superlatives and more superlatives! Scale building at its best.

Always nice to see a theme in a turk. Buckets and plaster sacks required!

2Beers

It's me again.
Awesome ....
Tips and tricks very appreciated.. I eat that stuff up, silicone mold processes a must to try now.
n00b.... Their is something happening with this one, It's really turning into one of those Trucks that live and breath.
Fantastic job on it all.

:Quoted:
Finally attached the mirrors I built weeks ago. I made one and busted out the silicone caulk and made a mold. Then I resin cast the other. Fun fact, you can make molds out of 100% silicone and a few drops of glycerin. It sets in a few minutes. I use this process on less detailed parts. On detailed stuff I still go for the 2 part pourable RTV silicone.
25148031456_32aedf2e66_b.jpg

You can also add some corn starch to your caulk to cure it really fast, and still not have issues with it shrinking up, at least, not right away..Awesome job Noob, just amazing!

Sent from My Galaxy using the Force

pardonmyn00b

What the hell was that?!
Thanks for posting that up n00b. Very cool and looks the part as well.

Cheers!
Thanks and you're welcome!
Really cool build n00b. The concreting tools add another awesome element to the truck
Thank you sir
The weathering is 'just enough' and I love the concrete floats. Spot on...
Thanks! The real test will be if the tools actually work. I have an idea...
Superlatives and more superlatives! Scale building at its best.

Always nice to see a theme in a turk. Buckets and plaster sacks required!
Thanks! Too kind!
Looks awesome Rich, thanks for the tutorial on the window gasket
No problemo!
Beautiful build! And that window gasket is very nice idea.
Thank you
Awesome ....
Tips and tricks very appreciated.. I eat that stuff up, silicone mold processes a must to try now.
n00b.... Their is something happening with this one, It's really turning into one of those Trucks that live and breath.
Fantastic job on it all.
You shouldn't eat silicone! I'm really pleased with the build. Can't wait to see how it behaves...or misbehaves.
:Quoted:
Finally attached the mirrors I built weeks ago. I made one and busted out the silicone caulk and made a mold. Then I resin cast the other. Fun fact, you can make molds out of 100% silicone and a few drops of glycerin. It sets in a few minutes. I use this process on less detailed parts. On detailed stuff I still go for the 2 part pourable RTV silicone.
25148031456_32aedf2e66_b.jpg

You can also add some corn starch to your caulk to cure it really fast, and still not have issues with it shrinking up, at least, not right away..Awesome job Noob, just amazing!

I've tried the cornstarch method but I prefer the the other. Cornstarch makes a better putty which is also nice. I have a 8 month old mold with that method and it still hasn't shrunk.
Wow, Awesome work and attention to details!
Thank you

pardonmyn00b

What the hell was that?!
I'm glad to see you're drinking your Malk.
The doctor said I had a vitamin R deficiency.
great work on that window gasket!
Thanks bud

Well, the build isn't officially done but it the vehicle is mobile. The other evening (before half of the US got drenched then covered in snow) I took the truck out to Smiggin's Folly for a drive. It's low, slow and so much fun. It dragged the rear bumper over everything and high centered like a champ.

25105439952_0ba666a403_b.jpg

25197426036_56a4b4b183_b.jpg

25197426776_b824e0e492_b.jpg

24593061774_c1bf5429ca_b.jpg

24593064384_51488afc77_b.jpg

crawler07

That is a hell of a build Noob! It makes me want to build one from wood. And Smiggins Folly is looking awesome as well.

pardonmyn00b

What the hell was that?!
That is a hell of a build Noob! It makes me want to build one from wood. And Smiggins Folly is looking awesome as well.
Thanks! I will use wood again!
Awesome build! Great detail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you
Truck looks totally real in it's "environment" really cool!
Thanks so much
That looks so at home at Smiggins Folly it's unbelievable.
The Folly is my home.
Amazing build, congrats on topping yourself once again. Bravo!

Thanks!
All those pics are simply great, but the second one es soooo real!
Cheers!

Ok, now the build is complete. I finished building the tools for the bed. As a bonus they actually work like their full size counterparts!!
24907738344_345cd69d3e_b.jpg

25170858769_6d51b9232c_b.jpg

Particularly pleased with how well the bull float handle turned out. Painted red then dry brushed with silver.
25170847599_332aab4494_b.jpg

Albert needs to wash his tools better.
25170832909_5e65cfd3d8_b.jpg

Party time!
25445613021_56c199eb4e_b.jpg

New SBG sticker from the 2016 sticker sheet added. I sanded it with some 400 grit to age it. They are nice and shiny when new.
24907884834_0dc6b35803_b.jpg

DougJ

I think Albert needs to change is left rear tire. :laugh:

The subtle weathering and little details bring it all together. Looks like a proper working truck. I love it :biggthumpup: