1985 Toyota Hilux - Lexan / 3d print build

UpsidedownRC

Patience Tested!
Some work on painting the 3d printed parts. Aerial, windscreen washers, door mirrors, grill. Also did some work on the indicator lenses and headlights.
I have not been that happy with the lenses or headlights.
9ca08bd130b8c383b60a4b5de6832d25.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ebeowulf17

Supporting Member
Looking good!

Those Molotow chrome pens really are impressive. I also had some success brush painting their chrome for larger areas, and I've heard it airbrushes quite well too.

Frederik

Supporting Member
All those little parts makes very nice details! :biggthumpup: It seems like we don't know how important they are until they are there :laugh: Are those all 3D printed? They look very smooth.

Also this reminds me that I forgot all about the wipers on mine, work was just added on the table :)

UpsidedownRC

Patience Tested!
Still working on that grill, after noticing some differences in my design vs the 1:1 I?ve decided to try and rescue what I printed rather that altering the cad file (it was one of my first and is awkward to alter). I reprinted smaller headlights and then glued them in place and I?ve now used some milliput and filler to try and replicate the real thing. I?m also close to finishing the headlamp lens, just got to finish off painting the grill then onto gluing them in.
53a92761e549b26b4e320caa7768777c.jpg

UpsidedownRC

Patience Tested!
So I think i made a mistake on the side decals, they do not match the 1:1. But hey it wouldn?t be a project of mine without a few mistakes.
I do like the decals on the bonnet though.
d930b102b895e5f8adefad85b1d99e11.jpg

UpsidedownRC

Patience Tested!
Also been working on the front bumper. Going well so far using a combination of Mig welding and silver soldering. Its a first for the soldering, the only issue I?m finding is having too much heat in the metal has the chance at disturbing other joints but it?s what I have and I?ll make it work.
dc5f0f8ef96dd9bc66d1649fa833beb4.jpg