1986 Square body Goodness.

2Beers

It's me again.
Hi guys.
Just wana share a Cheby score that I just acquired.
1300.00 US
Bone stock less the Bran new 6" lift. 99,000 original miles.
I hate the new style wheels and tires...no off set..ugh.
Plans are some 12" ole school slot mags with super swampers or some Baja claws in the 38" variative.
Bumpy bed liner paint job coming up also in the very near future. Two tone.
Anywhooo, on to a couple of pics.
Enjoy and thanks for the peeps.
More soon on the beast.
I'm a sucker for a short wheel base cheby.
IMG_1047 (640x480) (550x413).jpgIMG_1048 (640x480) (550x413).jpg

2Beers

It's me again.
$1,300? That’s it? I would’ve jumped on that too.

Thanks n00b.
Ya it was a heck of deal. Interior is still fantastic.
Never seen mud.

And the funny is on it.... It was really lacking power.
3.42 gears, 305 V8, 35" tires.
I new it should have more poop then what it running like. So I started by removing Smog inspection belt and AC belt.
Then I was going to check how dirty the stock air cleaner was....And once I seen a mouse a mouse inside of it...ahahaha
I new we had found our culprit. The stock snorkel tube was completely packed fore to aft with mouse nest...:laughing:
Took a broom handle to get it cleaned out, it was so compacted in their.
So with the removed belts and air now.... It's a little runner again.
Next up is to dual the exhaust and ditch the muffler and cat... Hoping to find a 750 Elda-rock carb at a friends and get it installed also..I'll ditch all the un needed vacuum crap to help a bit on performance too.
Should be a fun little project and cheap.

2Beers

It's me again.
Awesome. Get it ready for me and I’ll come out and pick it up in the spring. :)

LOL
Hummmm.
I'm actually thinking to mix it up some, and drop the 61 panel on theis chassis..ahahahaa.

Make me something a lil up to date and cool...super different for my area.
a6f85ff273a265e245c1b0f703c8d681.jpg

Their foe ..probably no sale..ahahaha
Thanks again n00b.

Small Factory

Fancy-Walkin'
One of my first cars at 16 years old was a 1978 K5. I had a lot of fun in that. Wish I had parked it in the barn and kept it for current me to enjoy.

2Beers

It's me again.
One of my first cars at 16 years old was a 1978 K5. I had a lot of fun in that. Wish I had parked it in the barn and kept it for current me to enjoy.

Thank "SMF"
Blazers are the bomb no doubts.
Ive owned like 9 of them.
I also had the first lifted surban in my area and later lifted two others that were super sweet.
I won't even get into how many Long and short bed square body's I've owned and done.. heheheheee.
Use to be able to pick them all up real cheap just 5 years ago. Now you hardly see them on the roads.
especially lifted 4x4 ones.

So far..my only complaints on this blazer is... the ugly wheels and gear ratio..3:42's..ugh.
Thems pretty tall and then put 35's on it..It lacks some power no doubts.
Anywhoooo.
Hope to roll on some bumpy paint this weekend.;)
See what transpires.
I was also givin 3 S10 mid 1980's Blazers the other day.
I'm currently Blazer poor I guess….:laughing:
Going to build my youngest one of these as he don't own a 4x4 right now.

Thanks again.

2Beers

It's me again.
A little distraction from tiny trucks yesterday.....heheheheee
Currently 5 square body's hoarded.;)

Lets see,
1979 GMC Jimmy. 4x4 ...was a grandma rig, now lifted and WIP, cowl hood etc..
1980 Chevy Blazer 4x4 Utah forest service ...4/10 gears, 4 speed, 350..all original. RUSTY lil buggar. "rare" set up.
1983 GMC 1/2 ton 4x4 LWB, Started the 4 inch lift yesterday ;) Bought $600.00 replaced motor with a FREE goodwrinch used 350 low miles.
1985 GMC 3/4 ton 2wd LWB ..this body is so cherry, no rust or dents. Just need to find a good 3/4 4x4 chassis.
And I still have the 1986 Blazer that started this thread.
Can a guy have enough square body's ? probably not..:laughing:
I'll post up some pics soon.

pardonmyn00b

What the hell was that?!
My ?86 to keep you occupied until you post new pictures. :)

eeab99fe754ba92821586f4c4fc3cf20.jpg

Last edited:

dagabba

Supporting Member
Amazing guys!

Funny how easy it is to spend more on a tiny truck than some of these cost...

I guess RC servicing is cheaper though!

2Beers

It's me again.
My ?86 to keep you occupied until you post new pictures. :)

eeab99fe754ba92821586f4c4fc3cf20.jpg

I seen it peeking in a few of your tiny truck photos. Is it truly a military rig ? Custom deluxe model.
Does it have 4 speed and are those dana 60's under the old girl ? Diesel ?
My first 4x4 was an 1984 1 ton custom deluxe, the beast never broke and was just amazing. 4 Speed.
Later lifted it 12 inches...one week later got a ticket in it..a huge ticket, Sold truck same week and wish I didn't.

Amazing guys!

Funny how easy it is to spend more on a tiny truck than some of these cost...

I guess RC servicing is cheaper though!

LOL right.
Square body's are getting harder to come by because of their popularity. They've all but disappeared in my area even.
Or have redicoulous prices and really wore out trucks.
All 5 of mine have super low miles and are in really great shape...less the 1980 K5 blazer. Rusty's pretty bad.ugh

Lift is done on the 83 LWB Less front drive line. The slip yoke was never greased, Spent two hours trying to move it forward to no avail.
Robbing the front drive line off the 79 Jimmy as it needs a bit longer one for the 6 inch lift i installed on it this summer.
Pics coming today ::2thumbs

pardonmyn00b

What the hell was that?!
I seen it peeking in a few of your tiny truck photos. Is it truly a military rig ? Custom deluxe model.
Does it have 4 speed and are those dana 60's under the old girl ? Diesel ?
My first 4x4 was an 1984 1 ton custom deluxe, the beast never broke and was just amazing. 4 Speed.
Later lifted it 12 inches...one week later got a ticket in it..a huge ticket, Sold truck same week and wish I didn't.

It?s a real deal CUCV M1028. 14 bolt rear with a Detroit locker, Dana 60 front with limited slip. 6.2 liter greasy boat anchor Detroit diesel mated to a TH400 3 speed. 4.56 gears. Drive it to work daily, it?s a real hoot. Been pretty reliable too, knock on wood!

2Beers

It's me again.
It?s a real deal CUCV M1028. 14 bolt rear with a Detroit locker, Dana 60 front with limited slip. 6.2 liter greasy boat anchor Detroit diesel mated to a TH400 3 speed. 4.56 gears. Drive it to work daily, it?s a real hoot. Been pretty reliable too, knock on wood!

Awe..mannnn
I'll trade you for the blue 2wd 3/4 ton...:laughing:
I deliver to some people that have the same set up as yours, Jealous I am....They are tough trucks no doubts.
Being 1 ton..things do get a bit more spendy though, brakes etc.

Lets see, took front drive shaft to brother in laws and hooked it to the boom and forks of a medium size forklift, and tried pulling it apart at the slip yoke on the Orange cream pop....even after putting heat to it it never did separate....aaaarrrrgh.
It's welded it's self together no doubts.
Course the only spare drive line I have is for blazer and won't work...bout two inches shorter in stock form.
Other then that, truck drove fantastic.
I do love me a lifted square body.::2thumbs

2Beers

It's me again.
Hey hey hey, Drive line came out of it yesterday, Must of been the heat to our 7 degree weather...Yay!
Just need to slap it back on and where back in business.
Yay for our team.
I seriously wasn't looking forward to buying another...their spendy little suckers.:laughing:
Being only a four inch lift, you can get away with running stock drive lines.
see if I can whip up a vid this coming weekend of it out in the Idaho dessert being put threw some paces.
Got's to test on it you know.
;)