4x8 Utility Trailer

srjeeper

My son and I were building up the rock pile this summer, and he was putting rocks on his truck to bringing them to the pile. I told him he needed a box trailer so he could move more rocks.Well he thought that was a great idea,and suggested that I could build one for him. So after thinking about it for awhile I came up a good way to build an axle.

I started with some aluminum TLT knuckles and a peice of 1/2" brass tube that fits perfectly in the knuckles.I soldered a couple spring mounts on and it was done.

b9a66d95.jpg

96db5f13.jpg

The frame work is 1/4" and 3/16" square bar steel. The box is 10"x5". It needed a ramp for his atv and ski-doo. I used brass tube and some hinges to make up a folding ramp/tailgate.

763f7ae8.jpg

603c34fb.jpg

97455b33.jpg

e9ef30e3.jpg

f00a5bd5.jpg

I got some 1/10 scale aluminum checker plate. This is real aluminum not the styrene this time. I love checker plate.

4feb78c1.jpg

7938ad5d.jpg

df998509.jpg

b8624436.jpg

d6a5ba92.jpg

690772b0.jpg

9e96e51a.jpg

I

illshou

Nice work on the trailer. Where did you ever get an atv and skidoo that scale?

srjeeper

Great to have you back on and building again... that trailer looks amazing, as always!
Thanks Kev. I got the itch to build something again.These RTR crawlers kinda took away the building part of the hobby for me. Modifying is fun, but starting with a bunch of raw metal and an idea is what I like.

Nice work on the trailer. Where did you ever get an atv and skidoo that scale?
Thanks man, the atv and skidoo are 1/12 scale, still look a little small beside a scaler. I picked them up at a flea market.

http://www.testors.com/product/0/650018/_/Susuki_Vinson_Camo_ATV_112_Scale

srjeeper

I made up a storage box up front, and wrapped it in checker plate. It holds the batteries and switch for the tail lights. Theres a magnet in the box, and a peice of metal glued to the lid, keeps the box closed over the rough trails.

abe8f1af.jpg

3a26b5e2.jpg

6fc9a34e.jpg

1fab4648.jpg