6 in 1 Machine Tool

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
Reza (Motocrawler) pointed this out yesterday
Going to snatch one up for this price, would be great for machining plastic.... cutting wheels and spinning off parts difficult to make with a hobby knife I think!

[h=3]Hobbyking 6 in 1 Machine Tool - Sanding/Turning/Sawing/Wood Turning/Drilling/Milling:

This brilliant Multi Tool uses a clever modular design that allows the 6 in 1 to be quickly converted from one machine tool to another meaning this one package can handle a whole host of modelling jobs on both wood and soft metals.
The 6 in 1 is perfect for turning out your own small, high quality jobs and takes up no space due to it's compact box dimensions, perfect for those with limited work-space and even if you have a little workshop room, a Machine tool capable of handling this many different tasks, all in one box, offers a neat and cost effective solution for modellers and hobby-ists wanting to take on more ambitious projects!
Features:
* 6 in 1 Machine tool can Sand, Turn, Drill, Mill and is also a lathe for both wood and soft metal allowing complex shapes with a high quality finish to be achieved.
* 12v Power Supply (100v~240v compatible) Included
* Comprehensive Multi-Lingual Manual Included
* Simple, quality Construction
* Compact Storage Box
* Includes Vice/Clamping Tools
* Includes Screwdrivers, sanding discs, Wood cutting chisel and milling cutters.

[/h]

Last edited:

Gonzo007

These machines work ok Kevin. I uses to own the Unimat Verision. I paid 4 times the price as the hobbyKing one. It will be interesting to see you what you can make with them. I just found mine to be frustrating to use. Really wasn't rigged enough to do any real work.

Colin

Dukk

I read on RCC that the tolerances in fit can be frustrating but would like to hear some local feedback.

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
WOAH... don't order just yet! :worry:
Just snapped 2 parts during assembly, might want to wait till I get this together before jumping on one.
Hoping Reza starts building his... maybe we'll have to combine the two to make one.

nigelpheron

Supporting Member
WOAH... don't order just yet! :worry:
Just snapped 2 parts during assembly.

Is it made of plastic parts? What parts broke?

I've been thinking of making similar, using t-slot aluminum & bits from 8020. Maybe buy this for the bits, and put them onto my own frame-work.

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
The only thing not plastic is the chuck and tools
I broke the platform for the JigSaw and one of the red hand wheels.
I'll take a few shots in the next couple days.

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
Okay, this is just my opinion but overall I'd say there's better value in purchasing a drill, a vise and a roll of duct tape!
Not together yet but so far...

The "JigSaw" attachment mount snapped when I tightened up the base. (it didn't take much pressure tightening with a Philips driver)

6n1_junk_3.jpg

6n1_junk_2.jpg

During assembly as per instructions I slid the shaft back inside the hand wheel it blew apart, plastic is very brittle. Luckily there's enough of them I can toss another one on.

6n1_junk_4.jpg

Set it up as a lathe and still excited to turn it on... the switch is NO good. (I'll let you guess what finger I'm pointing with) ;)

6n1_junk_1.jpg

Back to the old "Ya get what you pay for" speech...
I'm sure I can hobble the parts together into something functional, for now I'm setting it in a box downstairs in the get to it later pile.

If you're looking for an all in wonder solution in this tool I think you'll be disappointed.
Myself, I'll be looking for a nice used all metal unit this year.

Last edited:

alan

Thanks for the honest review, Kev. I'm sorry the unit didn't work out for you but as you suggest; maybe too good to be true.

street.terror

I imagine the original that this is meant to duplicate which is shown in the video on page one is a great little machine. It is also $400

motocrawler

Jesus! I am paranoid to set mine up now. You can send it back to hobby king for a refund or credit. They are pretty good and fair about that stuff.

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
No problem guys, sometimes one of us has to take one for the team right?
I hate to sound negative on here (as that's not what we do) but honest reviews have value and hate to see others blow their money on inadequate product.
I imagine the original that this is meant to duplicate which is shown in the video on page one is a great little machine. It is also $400
I've already invested 35% of that for junk, should have just purchased the real one.
Jesus! I am paranoid to set mine up now. You can send it back to hobby king for a refund or credit. They are pretty good and fair about that stuff.
Well you'll have extra parts for yours with what I'll have leftover!

My original intentions was to have equipment for cutting and reducing wheels and sanding/forming tires.
I'm going to see if I can still toss together a unit for this purpose out of the parts and replace the switch.

N

NVFOCUS

Thanks for the heads up, how disappointing.

I have very limited space and that looked like the ticket.

Dukk

Yeah, what I was afraid of.

I actually have a decent complement of tools. What I need are a small metal lathe and a tabletop vertical mill would be cool too jester

A friend of mine has a desktop CNC router he wants rid of. I don't want to give him $800 though...