A Little "Brown Sugar" Anyone? 2019 SEMA - C10 Camper - in 1:10 Scale.

joe122

I'm starting to think that unless it is radical, way over the top build, you are not interested in doing it. :) Nice start to this one. Looking forward to watching it evolve.

I think your right....pretty accurate observation!!! I like to torture myself with these challenging tribute builds for sure! Thanks!!!

joe122

So when the #rivercityrods built #BrownSugar #SEMA C30 Camper grabbed my eye, I thought the cab/bed would be the challenging part of the build. I was wrong! The camper has got so many little details, and siding that you can't find which has to be made, that it is a huge challenge! I took a couple sheets of .015 styrene sheet and scribed dozens of lines to get that aluminum diamond type siding look. The there are all the interior bits! Am trying to locate the various types of wood for the interior. IMG_6375.jpg1983-chevrolet-c30-camper-brown-sugar-sema-2019-build (18).jpgIMG_6377.jpgIMG_6379.jpg1983-chevrolet-c30-camper-brown-sugar-sema-2019-build (3).jpgIMG_6385.jpg1983-chevrolet-c30-camper-brown-sugar-sema-2019-build (5).jpgIMG_6383.jpg1983-chevrolet-c30-camper-brown-sugar-sema-2019-build (14).jpg

joe122

Had some time to figure out a plan for the chassis on the #rivercityrods "Brown Sugar" #SEMA 2019 tribute build. Used a #RC4WD #TF2 chassis, a generic King Hauler front axle and YRacing front shocks. The rear is the narrow Boom Racing axle, I "C" notched the frame rails, made a shock mount and used Traxxas 1/16 scale ERevo shocks. The camper body got the remaining siding added and the trim installed. Finding the color's for this thing is way harder than I expected. I found a source for the PPG Brown Sugar color but it runs $280 a quart! So I found something close, will see how close when it comes in. Wheels are just temporary, I have a set of the ones on the 1:1 coming.IMG_6424.JPGIMG_6423.JPGIMG_6404.jpgIMG_6407.jpgIMG_6413.jpg

joe122

Thanks Guys!!!

While waiting on paint materials I thought I'd start some of the interior details of the camper. This thing is kinda kicking my ass......so many cool details, I can't believe how talented the guy's are at #rivercityrods. There is wood , cooper - metal surfaces, appliances etc. Almost every surface is wood covered so I gave it a coat of hammertone brown to get the exposed surfaces covered before installing the wood floors and other finishes. . The "wood cut off walls" have about 5 hours of my life invested in them alone! #semabuild #brownsugar #customcamper #chevyc301983-chevrolet-c30-camper-brown-sugar-sema-2019-build (18).jpgIMG_6468.jpgIMG_6492.jpgIMG_6490.jpgIMG_6486.JPG

wesmade

Supporting Member
You must have an amazing parts bin to have all those items. Where did you find the barrels. They are perfect size.

Wes

joe122

You must have an amazing parts bin to have all those items. Where did you find the barrels. They are perfect size.

Wes

Most are hand made......barrels are from Michael's....part of their dollhouse accessories, I use them for Gasser Moon tanks too!

- - - Updated - - -

Omg to those hands which did all of this work! This build is highly above my expectations.

Thank you very much!!

joe122

Laying some wood day!!!! Tackled the trim and flooring - I have some cedar veneer coming for the remaining walls. First build I've done that includes the "kitchen sink"!!!! And the toilet is on the way!! #rivercityrods, #leagueofscratchbuilders #semabuildsslammed-trucks-of-sema-2019-13.jpgIMG_6517.jpgIMG_6506.jpginterior3.jpg1983-chevrolet-c30-camper-brown-sugar-sema-2019-build (20).jpgIMG_6510.jpg

joe122

Thanks guys!!!

#brownsugar interior details never end!!! Found some cool Cedar veneer to make the cedar walls and trim from. Added semi gloss polyurethane to the cedar walls. Added the bench seat / bed, made a base, then tried to mimic the 1:1's pattern by scoring .040 in squares. Added a couple lights, made a fixture enclosure, mounted the audio system. Found some "Brown Shugga" beer for the fridge!! #sema #rivercityrodsIMG_6541.jpgIMG_6554.JPGIMG_6557.JPGIMG_6526.jpgIMG_6555.JPGIMG_6549.jpgIMG_6545.jpg

2Beers

It's me again.
checking in on ya buddy.
True fantastic man!

Top notch etc etc etc....
My eyes are sooooooo happy.

Stay the path, it's coming along super dooooper.

joe122

checking in on ya buddy.
True fantastic man!

Top notch etc etc etc....
My eyes are sooooooo happy.

Stay the path, it's coming along super dooooper.

Thanks 2Beers!!! It's a work in progress alright! Just waiting for the paint materials so I can get some color on it.