A Little "Brown Sugar" Anyone? 2019 SEMA - C10 Camper - in 1:10 Scale.

markbt73

Just spotted this build... my jaw just hit the floor with an audible "thunk." Amazing work; I had to do a double-take to figure out which photos were the reference and which were the model!

joe122

The detail is amazing.
I appreciate that, Thank you!

Just spotted this build... my jaw just hit the floor with an audible "thunk." Amazing work; I had to do a double-take to figure out which photos were the reference and which were the model!
Thank you!! I'ts been fun and challenging for sure! Looking forward to getting color on it. Still have a ways to go on the interior.

joe122

Question, should a grown man get excited over a tiny toilet?? Oh yeah!!! Didn't think I'd find one to fit the #BrownSugar #SEMA #rivercityrods tribute build! had to modify it a bit, and a 12 pack of tiny toilet paper is not easy to find!! IMG_6604 (1).JPGIMG_6589.jpg

joe122

Well, 10+ hours later and the #SEMA #brownsugar #camper tribute build is in color. Not perfect, I missed getting one color accurate. Huge thanks to #austenstoll (Stoll"s Auto Body) and the #rivercityrods team for advice and assistance in getting the colors correct for this project. Need to modify the custom wheels for a correct offset so temp set is still on it. Now for a ton of detail work and odds and ends! Windows in the camper are just blanks for paint purposes. Need some sunlight, these photos do not do it any justice! Thanks to Jeff Romp and Great Lakes Body & Paint for lending me his gear and help!IMG_6658.JPGIMG_6647.jpgIMG_6659.JPGIMG_6644.jpgIMG_6639.jpgIMG_6605.jpgIMG_6625.jpgIMG_6623.jpgIMG_6656.jpgIMG_6619.jpg

wesmade

Supporting Member
Such a killer build. Great score being able to get the actual paint codes from the original!

Wes

pera2008

i dont understand purpose of this truck, but the fact, that someone was able to replicate that is impressive

dagabba

Supporting Member
Just wow! What an awesome dollhouse! What are your plans for it? Taking it to a few shows, selling to a client or just enjoying it on the drive/shelf? (I assume you're not going crawling with it...)

joe122

Such a killer build. Great score being able to get the actual paint codes from the original!

Wes
A random bit of luck!!!!!

i dont understand purpose of this truck, but the fact, that someone was able to replicate that is impressive
All I know is that River City Rods has built some very cool and a few have been a little unusual. I saw it and had to see if It could be built in 1/10 scale. Thank!!!

Just wow! What an awesome dollhouse! What are your plans for it? Taking it to a few shows, selling to a client or just enjoying it on the drive/shelf? (I assume you're not going crawling with it...)
Thank you!!! Yes, will go to a few shows, it's almost drive-able so we'll see what it looks like outdoors.

luxarsKetch

Weathering is addictive.
Isn't this the best paintjob of the 2020 on this forums?
Love the way those sidings turned out compared to the original truck. The one of yours looks more comfy, then those corrugated board side pieces of a real truck.

joe122

Isn't this the best paintjob of the 2020 on this forums?
Love the way those sidings turned out compared to the original truck. The one of yours looks more comfy, then those corrugated board side pieces of a real truck.

Thanks for the kind words! Yes, I do like the siding on the tribute, the real 1:1 does have that corrugated look!

2Beers

It's me again.
Cant wait to see it on the trails.
:idea:
:laughing::laughing::laughing:
I tease of course.

Man, I just want to lick that paint.
Sooooo sparkely .

Your doing it a huge justice man, don't get much better then that my friend.
Very cool tribute build.

joe122

Cant wait to see it on the trails.
:idea:
:laughing::laughing::laughing:
I tease of course.

Man, I just want to lick that paint.
Sooooo sparkely .

Your doing it a huge justice man, don't get much better then that my friend.
Very cool tribute build.

Thanks for the kind words 2Beers!!! Spent a couple hours doing the cut and buff thing.IMG_6668.jpgIMG_6671.jpgIMG_6669.jpg