Another WPL D12...jeez..

ShopGTR

Cruisin'
I bought a truck for myself for Xmas and adding this D12 to the order was another $30 so I figured it would be a fun little truck to mess with.

Don't plan to change much in the drivetrain, but I did add a metal rear axle as it was better to shorten for the wheels I wanted to run.

This is my Marty McFly delivery truck. Found the figure at the store and figured why not. He's delivering Coke, but he's still drinking that future Pepsi.

Added lights, painted the bed and frame, shortened the front axle stubs and took a bunch out of the rear axle to fit the odd offset wheels. Added disc brakes up front and drums in the rear. Little exhaust pipe, some stickers, and boom, Marty's drift delivery truck.

It's a perfect kitchen drift car.

Hope you enjoy.

Cory

WPL1.jpg

WPL2.jpg

WPL3.jpg

WPL4.jpg

WPL5.jpg

WPL6.jpg

WPL7.jpg

WPL8.jpg

WPL9.jpg

WPL10.jpg

WPL11.jpg

WPL12.jpg

Mr Beanos

Supporting Member
Damn i love it!
well done Cory :biggthumpup:
a big exhaust outlet and we could have seen it in the Tokyo drift movie!

ShopGTR

Cruisin'
I'm almost sure these are ABC Hobby wheels And their tires which have an exaggerated sidewall angle. I had a few sets for other cars...these are like a 9mm offset front and 12mm offset rears.

Fronts are easy to narrow. I bought the metal front axles but have so far stuck with the plastics. Added the wheel hubs as the stock is a weird small thing. Then trimmed axle length to take out any space.

Rear I went with the metal axle so I could cut it as the stock plastic has some limitations due to the hub being pressed on. Rears I ended up cutting a few mm's off each side of the axle shaft, have to cut the hubs, and then shorten the housing. If you use less aggressive offset wheels you don't need to cut so much.

Again, I can snap pics if you'd like. Would explain better than my poorly chosen words. Ha