Axial Jeep Buildoff 1st Place - 1982 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Jeepfixer1

Awesome civilian Jeep sir! I am impressed, hard to believe this is your first styrene body and you built all of it. Most would buy seats, tail lights etc... Any way I am am jeep lover as you can probably tell from my username and this is in my all time favorite builds. Great job!

Halme

V.I.P. Member
Huge thanks!! *shakes hands with everyone* Really happy to see that so many people like it here and in FB! This build actually somehow turned out better than I expected.. But I like to do my stuff always as good as I can. This forum has been a huge inspiration for me - so many great builds and such a talents here who also take the effort to show their skills for the world!

We had finally a few hours here when it did not rain so I went to take some pics for you people and also because I felt that previous photos were pretty dark, too. Hope I have time in near future to take it for a longer ride since it feels like fun to drive!

6tdt1w6.jpg

W34Lymr.jpg

jgpoRFr.jpg

AjBm7pg.jpg

Greetings, Halme

2Beers

It's me again.
Geeesh Halme... You killed it my friend.
Amazing build and a great journey. One of the best scale rigs out their..and it's Jeep. Even better..lol.

And,,,,,,, So whats next. Looking forward to a new build from you.

Halme

V.I.P. Member
Geeesh Halme... You killed it my friend.
Amazing build and a great journey. One of the best scale rigs out their..and it's Jeep. Even better..lol.

And,,,,,,, So whats next. Looking forward to a new build from you.

Thanks! :laughing: Yeah It's been a fun ride this contest! Lots of good moments and great builds. I would still like to see you having a take of CJ-series some day!

Like everyone, I do have many many plans and ideas.. Those hot vintage builds here really work for me but I do have to finish some stuff at our house now so nothing massive like this can be done at the moment. Renovating is a fun hobby, too!

Anyway since you asked, I'm pretty sure that I try to stretch my G2 D90 next. :yawn::eek:

Halme

V.I.P. Member
Very great job! Good luck for the contest! Regards Jens

Vielen Danke, Jens! ;)

Impressive final result Halme! Worth the titanic effort!

Thanks! It was a honour to be among all the great builders in this wonderful build-off!

That turned out great....scale appearance is spot on, love the factory decals.

Big up! As a proud member of "Generation X", I just cant get over the 80's.

Great looking build, particularly impressed by how you formed the fenders and hood - master level :)

Very happy to hear that you liked my build! Tried my best and was very lucky too! Thanks for the support!
I think that my prize could use some custom pieces, too. ::2thumbs

For me, this contest turned out great! Especially now when I received the grand prize today. Thanks again for SBG, Axial, sponsors and judges and n00b for this wonderful prize!

Nice thing here is that now I built one car but ended up with two :lol:

CVkLxKa.jpg

Very much appreciated. Will try it stock first!

About my CJ-8 Scrambler itself, it took some damage on our winter safari few weeks ago due bad driving and bonnet among some other pieces got detached. No serious harm done and it's all now glued up better with strong polymer glue/sealant.

Finally some serious snow here and this thing will now rest until the spring time! Would love to shoot a decent video but right now there is nowhere to go for a ride.

fBiikka.jpg

Greetings, Halme

BJ40films

Now you are jeeping all the time! Time for a Toyota? ;)

Hope that you'll make some more snow pictures... They're looking awesome in snow!

Cheers,
Gijs

BadWagon

build. break. repeat.
This build definitely deserves to be included the SBG's finest section. Congratulations Halme. I do love that little jeep. Looking forward to you resurrecting this thread in the spring with new videos.