CC2 Off-Road JK Jeep Build

generis

Maybe take up knitting.
wow, that's a total head-swelling compliment coming from the most talked about builder in my shop.. man we blab about your stuff atleast once a day. Big thanks!

H

HaamStacks

haha... just when I get mine to where I'm happy, you go and build something as slick as this. Awesome packaging on this rig! Looks like you've got a success on your hands with the skid, transfer case and tranny mount.

generis

Maybe take up knitting.
Thanks, Haaaaaam!
So I just ditched the 550 5pole I had in there, as it's just a tad too slow for me. I had it on 23/81 and it crawled REAL well and soooooo smooth. There's nothing like a 5 pole motor, wow. But I have no more 3s batteries so I'm stuck with a 2s for now, and that means back to the 600. It's actually way too fast on the 23/81 gearing HAHA it wheelies on the carpet with ease! haha. I'll change it back to 14/87 where it was, and that will be great.
I am still amazed at how well this thing will sidehill. it's the most stable rig I have ever run on this course by a long shot. wow. I've been missing this thing!

J

JasonC

really liking all that you have done with this build Chris, awesome!!!

I can't wait to see what you have up your sleave for the next project you have.

Really liking the upper mount on the axles. You mentioned you didn't want something mounting high, could you move the mount to the front of that plate...like facing towards the tranny, so it is not higher then the pumpkin of the axle or would that be too low?

generis

Maybe take up knitting.
Good call on that, They are exactly 45 degree bend, and fit directly on the axial y and axial angle rod ends. Basically you can use a stock axial bent link in a 30 or a 45 bend, and trim to fit your wheelbase. I use 68mm long upper metal links (no ends) and that matched up my drive angle and wheelbase for the lowers.
Although I made my links, there's no reason to do that. You can use a stock bent link there. I also have full droop on this truck, so with a sprung setup the 30s have lots of room.
Great observation!

generis

Maybe take up knitting.
So I moved the battery from under the seat to behind the dash under the windshield cowl. Its better for balance that way, and it's still very low actually, standing on it's side right above the tail of the motor. Considering that the tail of this JK body is very heavy with that big chunk of lexan for a bed, the balance is nicer for steep climbs now, and I'm happy again. The performance of the trucks is top of the list for me.
I'm trying to collect all my video clips and make a bit of a highlight from my indoor track here.

generis

Maybe take up knitting.
Here's the battery layout now.. as well as my new cool JK body mounting setup.... hahaa
The battery is a black blob in these pics that's actually right under/behind the dash/steeringwheel area.. it sandwiches in there real nice, and can't come out. The thing is still quite low, and with the heavy rear on this jeep body I needed the weight closer up front than on the t-case (where I had the battery before).

27070_10150175130625065_735500064_11757928_8332124_n.jpg

27070_10150175130655065_735500064_11757929_918145_n.jpg

You can see from these pics that the entire running gear is behind the front axle and in front of the t-case, which is great for weight displacement.. and it's performing real well like this also... nice. The JK bodies come with these 'posts' in the body moulds under the hood, so I just screwed in a 1/4-20 helicoil and then made up this delrin body mount for the front that bolts through the 2 top shock tower holes along with the shocks and motor plate. This works so well, it's craaaazy. You just screw the 2 screws in from under the front of the truck (lots of room) and add the strap to the rear of the bed like I had it before, and nothing can move ever. It's a clean and tight fit now, and the cage takes all the hits anyway, so there's no more problems with moving bodies on this truck. I'll do the same trick to all the JK's now. It's clean and nice, and no pins or clips or anything of the sort. The battery can also be plugged/charged from under the truck now also, and that's easy as pie for keeping up with the charge, although it seems to use about 800mah per hour of driving around the rocks, so that's a day easy with this battery. I also put some old bullets on the brushed motor to keep the mamba bullets in tact for future uses (har har har) :Wow1:

R

rcjunky3

do you plan on offering these front mounts for anybody doing a jk build

generis

Maybe take up knitting.
I can do that, but it would be totally useless for you unless you can make a thread into the JK body post thing. I used a helicoil, and that's not in most people's hobby box. If you think it can work for you, then sure!

H

Hillbillycrawler

Yuo siad that you would be shortening the wheel base.Can you show me where you did this at?

generis

Maybe take up knitting.
Hiya.. I did this in the first post. It was 13.06 for the 4door jeep and I took it down to 12.45 for the Brute, although the body length didn't change one bit. I just moved the rear wheels forward a bit to make up for the 2 door look.

H

Hillbillycrawler

what kind of glue or apoxy did you use to attatch the back of the cab.

generis

Maybe take up knitting.
I tacked it on with a couple of drops of CA and then laced the inside with 'shoe goo' and after it dried then filled the outside with putty and did the paint.
It's super tough and will never come off. And it would have several times I dropped it off the side of a cliff :bugeyes:

generis

Maybe take up knitting.
Here's some of these recent pics.... I've just kept beating this thing... and now I'm getting to the limits with it... as you can see, there's evidence of several roll-overs and unfortunate backflips off the 'wall' at our indoor course! hahah!
Enjoy! I love this truck! And I weighed it the other day, and it's a full POUND (450 grams) heavier than Aaron's honcho! OUCH! This is a pig, and still goes everywhere he can! haha! :rock:

cc2053.jpg

cc2054.jpg

cc2055.jpg

cc2056.jpg

cc2057.jpg

generis

Maybe take up knitting.
I just noticed that these are my OLD m2 hammers... and completely worn out! Love the tire flex!

H

Hillbillycrawler

I have some aren't as worn.you want me to put in box to?

C

crawlerpawl

Sweet rig, I always thought Jeep should start selling the Scrambler again.