'connection error' from charger (lipo)

street.terror

so I bought 4 gens ace 4000mah 2s batteries last year. right of the batt two of them wouldnt charge.

i plug them into my charger and it says 'connection error'

the other two were fine until today when i go to charge one of them, its took 2xxxmah then all off sudden i hear error beeps from the charger, again 'connection error'

is there someone that fixes lipos? (al maybe?)

or do i just toss them...

I dont really need the batteries as i have 6 all together, well three that work now. Just curious.

BIGBIRD

V.I.P. Member
i have had this a few times, especially in my scaler, i had to clean the balancer plug . it had some dirt in it. now i check them all the time, i use an old tooth brush. i also had issues running in my boat, but thats because it was a power hog and melted the deans connectors just enough to loose intermittent contact. hope this helps.

BIGBIRD

V.I.P. Member
if your batteries are on deans. just plug a loose plug into the battery and test it with a volt meter, then you will know for sure if you are getting any contact..

street.terror

oh the balance plug thing would make sense...

ill put a volt meter on the two never got used as well and see if anything is there.

N

natskiboy

What charger do you use? This happened on my GT Power 606D charger where I plugged the balance lead into the 4S port instead of the 2S.

street.terror

external balance board, plug only fits in one slot :)

i know everything charger side is fine as I charged my two great hobbies batteries immediately after

HeyOK

HeyOK Performance
Often when I have trouble with my Lipo batteries, it turns out to be the wires that go to the balance connector on the battery. I probably am not careful enough and bend the wires too sharply and they break, usually inside the battery case. These can be repaired. I usually wait until I have a few and do them all at once.

If you aren't getting anywhere, get your batteries to me and I will see what I can do.