Custom made decals?

2 STEP

How does one go about making your own decals? Such and such racing, and letterwork, stuff like that? Im clueless on this sort of thing. Can you order stuff like that somewhere or is it as simple as using some sort of special printer and paper, or just the special paper? I have access to a normal printer but nothing fancy. If its just the paper I could do it but somehow Im sure it just aint that easy.

B

BiTzFrOmUrAnUs

I make my own decals with a roland Stika cutter.
It's old but has produced some cool stuff.
It uses a max of 3" wide vynil,so it's perfect for making
stuff for us RC nuts.the Roland software is simple & easy to use
& will allow you to add several font styles,etc.

F

F350 Tonka

Go to your local graphics shop or sign shop.They can make anything any size.
Thats where I got my Tonka stuff from.And my CSI stuff.

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
How does one go about making your own decals? Such and such racing, and letterwork, stuff like that? Im clueless on this sort of thing. Can you order stuff like that somewhere or is it as simple as using some sort of special printer and paper, or just the special paper? I have access to a normal printer but nothing fancy. If its just the paper I could do it but somehow Im sure it just aint that easy.

For all my vinyl projects I send my graphics over to Gydney Signs (our local shop). Now because I'm a graphic designer by trade I cut most of my cost by sending over my own graphics ready to go to the plotter. This is something they can do the artwork for if you pick out a font, vinyl colour and size. In some cases like my liscence plates where it's a printed image I simply supply the image at 300dpi and they print onto vinyl. You can do this at home on your colour printer but the quality is just not there and the sticker paper leave a bit to be desired.
In most cases the shops will charge by the square foot and is surprisingly affordable to get a custom look, with warranty.
Stop by and we can talk further Glen

2 STEP

Thanks for the input guys. A co worker suggested a sign place as well, and Gidney is also whom we use at work for various projects. I will talk with the guys down there and see what we can work out. Yes I meant to ask you Kev, and we will chat about the design portion abit if possible, but i always have so many questions rattling away up there,... it just hadnt come out yet. LOL I'll start comming up with some ideas here and get to work.

Thanks again

2 STEP

OK well Iv decided on doing a sponsored race look on my new Slash and wonder if someone can help with what decal kits might suit my needs? I have a major sponsor in mind, mine of course, but am looking for all the others. Like tires, battery, suspension sort of stuff. I wonder if that will need to be scaled down from my own sources but I assume there are already kits from which I could choose from for these. Any help would be great! If you have a pic of a skin with the decals on even better! Im not really a decal sort of guy, but this one will be dedicated to my dad So I guess Im looking for dedicated race kits. Help point me in the right direction please and thanks.

T

Tired

These kits are usually available at most hobby shops for under 10 bucks:

Attachments

• parmadecal.jpg
    parmadecal.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 148