Dag's Simca 1200s Bertone- Designed by Lem

dagabba

Supporting Member
Ok, some more progress here. I made up some magnetised body mounts in Fusion- they screw into the normal M06 positions so it's nicely modular, just swap the mounts and pop on any other M06 body:

20210406_091410.jpg

You can see it also has electronics now. Bit of a mish mash, ancient useless servo, but it has plenty of speed with a Tamiya Torque Tuned motor, 1080 and 3s. I should say, I've removed the stock M06 electronics plate for neatness- modern electronics don't need all that space anyway.

I've also narrowed the track with 4mm hexes and added camber- a little in the front, a lot at the back. There's a substantial amount of toe in at the back which is a bit annoying looks wise but I think I have to live with it. Stance is otherwise pretty excellent though:

20210406_091314.jpg

20210406_131931.jpg

I've also printed a load of details which will need, er, detailing. Love the exhaust!

20210406_093603.jpg

And after some testing I've trimmed the front wheelarch a little for full steering. It's not all that noticeable and Lem is incorporating it in the model I believe:

20210407_090439.jpg

And the testing has been very fun! It's easy to forget how fun these little Tamiya chassis are, especially in rear wheel drive:

Cheers!

Caprinut

Awesome progress!

To fix the silly toe-in in the rear, use Tamiya #53345. Which is toe-in uprights for TL01/M03, flipped side on the M06 will straighten the toe-in :biggthumpup:

dagabba

Supporting Member
Ok, sorry I haven't posted for ages- work's been crazy catching up with all the stuff we didn't do earlier in the year.

Anyway, I finally found an afternoon to do some paint mixing/airbrushing and I think it's come out quite nicely. Also added some of the details and did some molotov chroming:

20210430_134946.jpg

A few more details to add and I can wrap this one up.

Frederik

Supporting Member
Very cool to see that short running video! It does looks like it is a blast to drive. It will be nice seeing all those details being added.

The toe in is kind of extreme looking for sure! It probably makes the car easier to drive though, but it is cool to have the option of the uprights suggested by Caprinut, you can try both!

dagabba

Supporting Member
Very cool to see that short running video! It does looks like it is a blast to drive. It will be nice seeing all those details being added.

The toe in is kind of extreme looking for sure! It probably makes the car easier to drive though, but it is cool to have the option of the uprights suggested by Caprinut, you can try both!

Yup, I love that sorta thing- like a proper track car, you can do a few laps, change the toe/camber, then try again.

dagabba

Supporting Member
A few more details- lenses were printed in clear PLA, i was pretty surprised how nicely they came out:

20210418_141150.jpg

All detailed up- I painted the clear ones clear to help clarity...?!?!?

20210506_092532.jpg

They added some grilley bits. Slats for the bonnet are printed, for the mouth and next to the lights I used some ebay mesh:

20210506_095020.jpg

All put together:

20210506_214145.jpg

20210506_214342.jpg

Lights ON!! They don't look quite so neon in the flesh...

20210506_214225.jpg

20210506_214305.jpg

Cheers peeps!

2Beers

It's me again.
It's a thing of beauty.............:luv:
Man this is very eye pleasing.

That color choice just makes it pop too.

A Thing Of Beauty.

Frederik

Supporting Member
It looks sweet with the paint, the lights and all the details! For the kind of neon look of the lights I guess the LEDs are blue-ish so they add up to the yellow-ish lenses and you get green :) You could always switch to warm white LEDs if you want the other look, but it is definitely also a very cool look just like it is now.

Fourth Protocol

V.I.P. Member
I should spend more time outside offroaders. This is truly epic. Not in a War and Peace sense. In a skillz sense. I should also try 3D printing. I should do many, many things I don't do but at the minute I'm loving your Dag-s-Simca-1200s-Bertone-Designed-by-Lem. Very much.

dagabba

Supporting Member
It's a thing of beauty.............:luv:
Man this is very eye pleasing.

That color choice just makes it pop too.

A Thing Of Beauty.

Thanks Beers! :beerchug:

Stunning dagabba!

Thanks Rally!

It looks sweet with the paint, the lights and all the details! For the kind of neon look of the lights I guess the LEDs are blue-ish so they add up to the yellow-ish lenses and you get green :) You could always switch to warm white LEDs if you want the other look, but it is definitely also a very cool look just like it is now.

Thanks Fred, I might try some warm LEDs. For now I've chucked in a cheapie box, mostly so I have some functionality- I can dim via transmitter so I can flash slow cars on track.

Simply stunning!

Do you have Instagram sir?

Thanks Matt! I've finally bitten the bullet, I'm now @dagabba_builds

I should spend more time outside offroaders. This is truly epic. Not in a War and Peace sense. In a skillz sense. I should also try 3D printing. I should do many, many things I don't do but at the minute I'm loving your Dag-s-Simca-1200s-Bertone-Designed-by-Lem. Very much.

Thanks so much Fourth! Yes, we have a great little onroad community here now, you should definitely join in! Though I'm also very much enjoying your Landie escapade amongst the Offroaders.

dagabba

Supporting Member
A couple more details- I went to ebay but couldn't find anything like a classic French plate so I printed some:

20210507_141606.jpg

And I've decided to keep it de-bumpered to enjoy the curves. Did put in some recovery points though incase she gets stuck in a gravel trap:

20210513_175906.jpg

20210513_180006.jpg