Dragula!!!!

joe122

One way to alter albeit short term a serious funk, is a scratch build based on one of my childhood favorite movie / TV cars. Dragula - Munster dragster....but my version!! Found this cool doll house coffin/jewelry box, used a Tamiya King Hauler rear-rear axle, made the front drop axle, wishbones, transverse spring and mount. Temp mock up wheels / tires, may sit a bit lower in the rear when done. A ton left to do!! Motor on this version will be in front of the box though. The electronics will be in the front section of the box.
7f8e720eb5e15f57867bcd68bab4c67b.jpgIMG_8704.JPGIMG_8737.jpgIMG_8748.jpgIMG_8752.jpgIMG_8750.jpgIMG_8740.jpgIMG_8751.jpgIMG_8744.jpgIMG_8741.jpg

wesmade

Supporting Member
That is different. I remember watching this show, it was so much fun. Where in the world did you find a scale coffin?

Wes

pardonmyn00b

What the hell was that?!
I love the Munsters. Such a silly show. Not sure how how a Frankenstein and a vampire could give birth to a werewolf child but anyway... And to be politically correct, that?s a casket.

wesmade

Supporting Member
I love the Munsters. Such a silly show. Not sure how how a Frankenstein and a vampire could give birth to a werewolf child but anyway... And to be politically correct, that?s a casket.

had to look that one up to see the difference.

Wes

Frizzen

That's awesome!!!

I can't wait to see it come together. 'The Munsters' were a little goofy for me, i was all about 'The Addams Family' but Lurch never got to drive them in a kustom.

Where did you find the casket? I'm pretty sure i need one! Also my (1/14 scale, in work) 1957 Chevy National landau endloader hearse will probably need one. (Ugh, 'Funeral Coach' since somebody wants to be all PC about it)

joe122

That is different. I remember watching this show, it was so much fun. Where in the world did you find a scale coffin? I did realize that it is a casket (was advertised as a coffin/casket), anyway, I stumbled on it while searching for some accessories on eBay.

Wes
ttps://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-1-10-Scale-Coffin-Casket-Funeral-Box-Rock-Crawler-Doll-House-Mini-Accessories/233521740255?ssPageName=STRKh%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Yes - but eBay had it advertised as a "coffin / casket"....any way couldn't resist!!!

had to look that one up to see the difference.

Wes

that is to cool and silly together......i love it
::2thumbs
Thank you!!

That's awesome!!!

I can't wait to see it come together. 'The Munsters' were a little goofy for me, i was all about 'The Addams Family' but Lurch never got to drive them in a kustom.

Where did you find the casket? I'm pretty sure i need one! Also my (1/14 scale, in work) 1957 Chevy National landau endloader hearse will probably need one. (Ugh, 'Funeral Coach' since somebody wants to be all PC about it)
I found it while searching for some misc parts on eBay. ttps://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-1-10-Scale-Coffin-Casket-Funeral-Box-Rock-Crawler-Doll-House-Mini-Accessories/233521740255?ssPageName=STRKh%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

2Beers

It's me again.
Awesome my friend.
Killer subject no doubts :laughing:
What are the rear tires from ?
Edit...their are some great youtube vids on how to go about making spoke wheels, I'm sure you know that though.
I haven't dared take the plundge and do them yet myself though.
Be interesting to see what you come up with no doubts.
more please.

Frederik

Supporting Member
Yeah hahaha that's quite the death trap! I think your version with the engine outside of the coffin will be even better.

Ghostpig

V.I.P. Member
I like the front end metal work. Very nice and a different build.

There's so many great builds going on in this Onroad section.

joe122

i dont like when offroads looks like coffin, but in this case it is nice execution to onroad.
Thank you!!

Awesome my friend.
Edit...their are some great youtube vids on how to go about making spoke wheels, I'm sure you know that though.
more please.
I am looking at spoke front, will check out your lead Thanks!! Here is eBay link for the rear tires. https://www.ebay.com/itm/GOODYEAR-E...984710?hash=item23e42c9e46:g:k4AAAOSwDXlfvQB~

What a great idea, hilarious subject! (Or dead serious?)
Funny! Thank you!!

joe122

i dont like when offroads looks like coffin, but in this case it is nice execution to onroad.

Awesome my friend.
more please.

What a great idea, hilarious subject! (Or dead serious?)

Yeah hahaha that's quite the death trap! I think your version with the engine outside of the coffin will be even better.
I hope so! Thanks!

I like the front end metal work. Very nice and a different build.

There's so many great builds going on in this Onroad section.
Yes there is, fun section for sure! Thanks!

This is awesome! Love non-standard builds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you!

The original went up for auction awhile back and the history is fascinating.

https://silodrome.com/drag-u-la-munsters/

On the other build site I?ve posted on - a site directed primarily at static models, but has a small rc component- a member built a 1/8 scale based on the 1/24 kit.

http://www.scalemotorcars.com/forum...7480-dragula-8th-scale.html?highlight=Dragula

Love what you?re doing w this one.
Will check out the links....Thanks!

Don't know if you'd seen this one, might have some different views of the car

https://youtu.be/QIwejUg_53U
Will check it out! Thanks!

joe122

A little progress on my take on the Dragula build. Chassis painted, front axle "chromed", SSD SBC long block installed and servo mounted. Waiting on a few parts yet and prepping the "body" for paint.IMG_8884.jpgIMG_8892.jpgIMG_8891.jpgIMG_8890.jpgIMG_8887.jpg

Lem

A little progress on my take on the Dragula build. Chassis painted, front axle "chromed", SSD SBC long block installed and servo mounted. Waiting on a few parts yet and prepping the "body" for paint.

looks marvelous ::2thumbs :cool: