Dragula!!!!

joe122

My take on the Munsters "Dragula" build got some color. I also finally found an acceptable set of front wheels/tires for it. Rubber is a bit thin but the wheels are diecast. I got these from an eBay 1/10 scale bike. I was shocked when after removing a sleeve from the hub that they fit the Tamiya spindles perfectly!! Got some Candy Apple Red on it, found some dollhouse coach lights for front and rear lights, made the servo cover and injector hat. Added the push bar and chute mount. #scalemetalsupplies #dragula #knkhardware #nankinhobby IMG_8912.jpgIMG_8911.jpgIMG_8920.jpgIMG_8923.jpgIMG_8922.jpgIMG_8906.jpgIMG_8908.jpgIMG_8909.jpg

Frederik

Supporting Member
Awesome! :biggthumpup: :lol: Nice color scheme too, and very cool the wheels fit directly! So they have same hole diameter as regular bearing-in-wheel wheels? Like lots of Tamiya 2WD front wheels? (I don't know if they are the same as semi front axles)

A question about the front suspension, in this type of setup, what is locating the axle laterally? Are the swing arm bolts tight on the axle? It seems like the leaf could prevent lateral movement some, when the leaf is not the same length as the axle attachments?

Very nice creation, keep it going please! :)

Frizzen

That's looking really good!

One minor gripe might let you clean up the front end a little. With a Model T instead of the now common chassis mount steering box, the steering was handled with a lever sticking out of the cowl that moved fwd/aft. Then a long rod, running near the axle suspension 'batwings' , connects it to the inboard side of the steering knuckle.

Mr Beanos

Supporting Member
what a funny creation but what a serious amazing build Joe!
i'm impressed by your rc workshop too!

joe122

So good. What a cool project!
Thank you!!

Thanks 2Beers!!

Awesome! :biggthumpup: :lol: Nice color scheme too, and very cool the wheels fit directly! So they have same hole diameter as regular bearing-in-wheel wheels? Like lots of Tamiya 2WD front wheels? (I don't know if they are the same as semi front axles)

A question about the front suspension, in this type of setup, what is locating the axle laterally? Are the swing arm bolts tight on the axle? It seems like the leaf could prevent lateral movement some, when the leaf is not the same length as the axle attachments?

Very nice creation, keep it going please! :)
Thank you!!! Yes, exact ID as the OD of the Tamiya spindles. And yes, I haven't tightened everything up yet, the spring eye mounts will be tightened so as to limit the lateral movement.

That's looking really good!

One minor gripe might let you clean up the front end a little. With a Model T instead of the now common chassis mount steering box, the steering was handled with a lever sticking out of the cowl that moved fwd/aft. Then a long rod, running near the axle suspension 'batwings' , connects it to the inboard side of the steering knuckle.
Thank you!! My first design was to run the drag link connection from the casket to the front steering knuckle but it would have been over 10" long. I was going to add a mid support but once I mocked up the micro servo up front it just simplified and made the install a lot cleaner.

what a funny creation but what a serious amazing build Joe!
i'm impressed by your rc workshop too!
Appreciate that!!! Thank you!!

joe122

"Dragula" got some headers, wired up the lights, added some engine details. Still needs interior and some wiring. Made the MOON tank from a Michaels doll house accessory and some styrene. #scalemetalsupplies #dragula #scratchbuiltIMG_8976.jpgIMG_8977.jpgIMG_8982.jpgIMG_8989.jpgIMG_8984.jpgIMG_8983.jpgIMG_8990.jpgIMG_8964.jpgIMG_8965.jpgIMG_8966.jpg

joe122

I think Grandpa Munster is showing us a fist pump!! I think he approves of this variation of Dragula!!!IMG_9210.jpgIMG_9208.jpgIMG_9207.jpgIMG_9213.jpgIMG_9194.jpg

JunkGTZ

Supporting Member
I really like your variation on the theme Dragula. I was just watching a Youtube video about the model designs of Tom Daniels who designed the Red Baron and many other Monogram kits - basically saved the company from the post slot car slump. He was the designer of both the Munster's Hearse and Dragula though he was never given much credit for it. It seems George Barris got the notoriety for them, but Daniel did the sketches that became the cars. Barris didn't even build them - that was farmed out to somebody else. Great build! Now....when do we see the run videos???

joe122

Thanks!

Very nice! I like how the headers looks like a pipe organ :laughing:
Was surprised myself that they came out uniform! Thanks!

I really like your variation on the theme Dragula. I was just watching a Youtube video about the model designs of Tom Daniels who designed the Red Baron and many other Monogram kits - basically saved the company from the post slot car slump. He was the designer of both the Munster's Hearse and Dragula though he was never given much credit for it. It seems George Barris got the notoriety for them, but Daniel did the sketches that became the cars. Barris didn't even build them - that was farmed out to somebody else. Great build! Now....when do we see the run videos???
Good info, didn't know this. I will have video, weather is so crappy here. Thanks!!!!