Ford Expedition unmarked police

Rivet Counter

Started with a River Point Station HO scale model, added mechanical components, and worked with a German modeler to custom develop a control board for everything. It's got working lights and siren with a total of 7 channels. This was built for my employer as a technology capability demonstrator.

fnmICKVl.jpeg

UFgdGgzl.jpeg

9h3LIHol.jpeg

yWdggHKl.jpeg

QxBEOKll.jpeg

HbePiEll.jpeg

Frederik

Supporting Member
Wow that's so small! Awesome, doing the custom electronics opens up a whole can of possibilities. Are you driving the steering motor in a fully proportional way, with position feedback like a regular servo?

Frederik

Supporting Member
Thanks guys! The steering is controlled by a 1.5 gram linear servo usually used in micro aircraft

Mmm.. Interesting, and what about the speed control, is it custom on the board along with all receiver hardware? Or are there some readily available modular parts you can use? When custom building I like the mechanical aspect most, and don't really want the challenge to be 90% electronics :D I like the idea of custom tiny scale, this tickles my interest for sure hahaha

I found this, I guess you got me started on a whole new can of worms hahaha

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2636061-1-64-1-87-scale-RC-cars-conversion

Rivet Counter

Mmm.. Interesting, and what about the speed control, is it custom on the board along with all receiver hardware? Or are there some readily available modular parts you can use? When custom building I like the mechanical aspect most, and don't really want the challenge to be 90% electronics :D I like the idea of custom tiny scale, this tickles my interest for sure hahaha

I found this, I guess you got me started on a whole new can of worms hahaha

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2636061-1-64-1-87-scale-RC-cars-conversion

I used a steering axle kit and gearbox from Mikroantriebe. The gearbox is a 1:64 reduction and I changed out the motor to a shorter 6x10mm from the original 6x14mm. The speed control and light controls all come from the board but on some other builds I use a motortinyII from Klaus Wintermayr

rL4ws3hl.jpg

Frizzen

Alright, a TTTT build!. You had me at HO scale.

Any more build pics?

I've watched several of your videos, and always wondered about sourcing parts and electronics since most sellers are either german or chinese.

Rivet Counter

I have a bunch of pics will see if I can get them into a Google folder to share here. Most of my components come from Germany and some from Banggood and Aliexpress. I'll post a few of my das87 builds shortly, those are great little kits from China