Freestyle RC Carbon ZRD : GTA Liberator Build

Sigmon

This leaves the last piece of the driveline, cutting down the center drive shafts. I made my center shafts out of cut down traxxas half shafts for Emax, Tmax, and Revo, same as what's inside the axle housings. The drive shafts are cut down by 1" and 1.5".

Sigmon

My second servo was delayed, but here's a pic of it installed with the front servo saver.

With it Finally in place, I was able to run and zip tie down all of my wiring.

Sigmon

Apologies for the delay of backlog pics and info for this thread, the Holidays and the delay of the body shell set things back a bit. That being said, I recently switched the 35 weight oil to 15 and I got the body yesterday!

Presenting, the Grand Theft Auto V Liberator Monster Truck.

And Finally, with the full size Tires.

Only things that I really have left on it are to rework the battery tray as I just don't like the stock solution. I also need to figure out how I'm mounting this body, I'm open to suggestions, but right now I'm leaning towards velcro.

Sigmon

I recently picked up an Axial SMT10 Grave Digger and wanted to show the size comparison between the ZRD and this stock RTR.

To me, the biggest difference in perceived size between these trucks has to do with how much larger the JConcepts tires are then the Axial BKTs.

Shinchu

NICE!
i just went to monster jam here in san diego (our 8th time in a row, its a yearly family tradition) and i finally decided i need to build a scale RC monster truck. i found my way to Freestyle RC's website only to see this ZRD no longer available.

that said, congrats on obtaining and building one of these awesome kits! great work so far, now go get it dirty!!!
*BTW hoonigan recently did a bonus vid, sunova digger: build breakdown. its got some GREAT shots so you can use it for some scale detail reference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl7B7jucIz4

Sigmon

NICE!
i just went to monster jam here in san diego (our 8th time in a row, its a yearly family tradition) and i finally decided i need to build a scale RC monster truck. i found my way to Freestyle RC's website only to see this ZRD no longer available.

that said, congrats on obtaining and building one of these awesome kits! great work so far, now go get it dirty!!!
*BTW hoonigan recently did a bonus vid, sunova digger: build breakdown. its got some GREAT shots so you can use it for some scale detail reference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl7B7jucIz4

Yeah, the website is in need of a little updating, As far as I know, the ZRD is still available, you just have to request one.

Shinchu

oh okay good! i was worried for a bit i wouldn't be able to shell out my retirement savings on a full scale MT with rear steer! ;)
but seriously thanks. i thought that might be the case. might dabble in SMT10 first to get my feet wet, then transfer all the electronics and stuff to a ZRD when im ready to take the plunge!