Full metal Kraz 255 -Work Truck Buildoff-

Bishops RC

Supporting Member
Update time! And it's all about fenders.

Like every other body part, it starts with flat steel plate :lol:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

And there was lot of tin soldering and the grinding and sanding. Do i repeat myself? :laugh:

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Head light boxes on top of it. In every step on this metal body build I'll be more confident.. :hmmm:

10.jpg

Every builder get sometimes steps backwards :laugh:

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 310

Bishops RC

Supporting Member
i just wait till all that details will meet and we will see great truck.

Hopefully we see a great truck? So much to do but soon i get on to the details.

Engine hood has now hinges. Just simply wrap steel plate around needle, then some fine grindering.

2.jpg1.jpg

Body mounting is solved. Cabin floor is mounted on chassis. Body mounts with screws here.
3.jpg4.jpg

Seats and some bed roll foam on it.

5.jpg

Engine bay area has lot of room, so decided to make box for battery and easy change for that.

6.jpg7.jpg

Cutted the door windows, bent dash board and steering wheel.

9.jpg10.jpg

"Dimitri" Has lot room to pull steering wheel inside.

Bishops RC

Supporting Member
That Sir, is wonderful, keep on going ! :)

Silver

Thanks! I will keep going on :biggthumpup: But the Work truck build off contest for me is now game over. Too big project for me, and if there was 1 mont more time to left... :laughing:

This build contest was good thing to me, cause it kicked me to start new truck build. Thanks for that :biggthumpup:

In april 2020 there is gonna be hobby event called Hupicon on Helsinki where i'm attending to go. With finished Kraz offcourse, that's my goal.

Also i like show my friends Toni's CA-30 based 1:12 scale "Spintires/mudrunner" truck. We have been kicking him to put topic here, but only he has done is IG account. Better check his talent @megasieppi . Maybe he someday joins here?

A.jpg

And Kraz build update: Gear sifters

1.jpg2.jpg

Last major task in Kraz body build was the roof. I hammered the first version, thats the way to learn :lol:

3.jpg

Then different approach angle and the result that satisfied me.

4.jpg
5.jpg6.jpg

There is lot work to do, but i'm sure that rest of this build will go like dance. :hmmm:

8.jpg

Main body work is done, i'm quite happy. Next for details, electrics...

9.jpg

Halme

V.I.P. Member

This build is insane my friend! It is hard to understand how much work it takes and how non-forgiving material metal is before one really trues it out. Dont give up yet, just throw sone paint on it and we can call it a "project" or "barn find"! Missing details we add later.

Great build from one of Finlands best scale builder already!

Bishops RC

Supporting Member
This build is insane my friend! It is hard to understand how much work it takes and how non-forgiving material metal is before one really trues it out. Dont give up yet, just throw sone paint on it and we can call it a "project" or "barn find"! Missing details we add later.

Great build from one of Finlands best scale builder already!

Thank you my friend Halme. Ill take this as a support to me and it makes me try harder. Cheers ::2thumbs

this is one epic metal build , keep it up , kudos to your metal work ,and good luck with the comp:biggthumpup:

Thanks Dave Holio. Comp deadline passed, but still pushing hard to get best result :biggthumpup:

And here is build update:

Fuel tanks

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

My Kraz low rider look bothered me, so i builded lift kit :cool:

4.jpg

Before lift:

5.jpg

After lift: (Now i can live with it)

6.jpg

Winch servo founded place inside chassis.

7.jpg

And here is latest details i made.

8.jpg

Bishops RC

Supporting Member
Body details added. Side steps, air tank, side mirrors, hood emblem, hood secures. Small things but lots off hours spent on garage :biggthumpup:

Attachments

• IMG_6737.jpg
    IMG_6737.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1587.jpg
    IMG_1587.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_9804.jpg
    IMG_9804.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_4690.jpg
    IMG_4690.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 113

Bishops RC

Supporting Member
End of the Metal Kraz build coming close :biggthumpup: My build deadlines are slipping, but it's still progressing.

I Decide to go lighter olive green on body paint, that details pop up more. Real rust weathering there included. But more finishing weathering still have to do. Now there are little bit too much rust.

IMG_9629.jpg

IMG_9344.jpg

Now i'm working with wire management and electrics. Also fine finishing every where.

IMG_6766.jpg

Now i'm quite sure this is done by Christmass -20 :laughing:

Bishops RC

Supporting Member
You have to be ready a bit earlier than that because I want to see this masterpiece live at the hobby fair once this virus goes away!:laugh:

Amazing work once again.

Thanks CrawlingFinn, we didn't get hobby fair, but some good progress is happend now. Update time!::2thumbs

Many of you are maybe followed my Kraz build in IG, if haven't @bishops_rc_crusade ;)

Winch line goes now under the cabin.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Front Bumber gets rust.

3.jpg

#tinytruckselfiechallenge accepted :cool:

4.jpg

Am I cheater? Plastic on Full metal build! ::D:

5.jpg

And here we are now. Forget to take picture inside the engine bay. There are some things to adjust and finnish. And offcourse the bed and logging addons. But it was time take it for a first test in to the wildreness :biggthumpup:

6.jpg

7.jpg

UPDATE CONTINUES.

Bishops RC

Supporting Member
Update continues with pictures.

Finally i and my metal build master Toni (@megasieppi) met after long winter. And ours "Mudrunner" inspired metal King Kong RC trucks fitted on same picture. After hundreds of hours work of tin metal plates transformed to scale truck bodies. So we tried to capture THE moments on a camera.

DSC02688.jpg

DSC02684.JPG

This photo credit goes to my photograper/RC friend Jani (@japsu)

JV-7214.jpg

Backround story plot: Kraz was crossing little swamp lake on some winter, and it fell trough the ice and get stuck. Kraz burned all it's gasolines and the driver abandones the truck on a swamp. Now at summer, Kamaz 4310 fuel tanker comes to search and recovery mission for a Kraz... Rest of the story you can watch on my videos.

DSC02642.jpg

Kamaz 4310 starts it's adventure

Kraz 255 Recovery mission

Attachments

• DSC02689.jpg
    DSC02689.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 79