Good Old Fashioned Woody!!! Got your attention!!

joe122

Another bucket list build. Always thought about building a Woody and tossing a couple surfboards on top. This one will be BBC 572 Crower injected, 1/4 elliptical front suspension and have a coil over rear. IMG_9247.jpgIMG_9250.jpgIMG_9528.jpgIMG_9525.jpgIMG_9507.jpgIMG_9509.jpgIMG_9505.jpg

2Beers

It's me again.
Send Address.
I'm moving in "JOE"....yes I have luggage...But no drama.
:laughing::laughing::laughing:
Be lots easier to follow thread and build.

Seriously though....Aaaaahhhhh huhh.
off to another fantastic start and killer choice of subject my friend.

joe122

You had me at "old."
It worked!!

Showing off your wood in public?

Pretty cool pile of parts! Any particular model you're aiming for?
I was going for an old Ford Depot hack, but found a couple Ford, '27/'29 Woody's that I am loosely modeling after.

Very cool!!
Thank you!

Ohhh boy this is gonna be a beaut!
Thanks!!!

Love it! Subbed...
Thanks!

Send Address.
I'm moving in "JOE"....yes I have luggage...But no drama.
:laughing::laughing::laughing:
Be lots easier to follow thread and build.

Seriously though....Aaaaahhhhh huhh.
off to another fantastic start and killer choice of subject my friend.
Too funny!!! Always wanted to tackle an old style Woody, was going for an old Depot Hack, but settled on this go fast/surf board hauling design. Thank you!!!!!

joe122

Woody work, trying to get the suspension nailed down. Working on a 1/4 Elliptical design for the front, Springs are temporarily mounted, I have spring clamps coming . I just need to get it in the weeds a bit more. Rear suspension is pretty much set, just a coil over, radius arm/wishbone system Just need to settle on a wheel / tire package. Waiting for resin so I can get a few parts printed. Hard to tell by the pics but its a pretty long build, 20" currently. Surf boards should look cool on the roof!! #scalemetalsupplies #3dmodelspecialties #woodystreetrod #woodyIMG_9565.jpgunnamed.jpgIMG_9562.jpgIMG_9566.jpgIMG_9556.jpgIMG_9559.jpgIMG_9567.jpgIMG_9564.jpg

SurlyBurly

Supporting Member
Wow, I've never seen brazed together chassis/suspension structures before. Are they strong enough like that?

joe122

Wow, I've never seen brazed together chassis/suspension structures before. Are they strong enough like that?

Yes, I've done a few like this. while they do not see a ton of abuse, the weld is virtually unbreakable when done.

joe122

When the surf's up and you've got to get there fast, what else would you take to get there then your 572 BBC powered, fuel injected, Zoomie exhaust Woody wagon!!! Printed up some accessories for it, took 8+ hours for the surfboard just to have it print without the last 1 3/4" of the board! So resin / styrene hybrid will have to do!!! Painted the Salt Flat wheels, found some hex adaptors and mounted the rear wheels. Waiting on some odds and ends, still a ton to do. #3dmodelspecialties #scalemetalsupplies #cults #knkhardware #nankinhobbiesIMG_9587.jpgIMG_9586.jpgIMG_9584.jpgIMG_9583.jpgIMG_9572.jpgIMG_9585.jpg

Mr Beanos

Supporting Member
Wow, another amazing build joe122!
Will you put some varnish on it to give it a nice warm woody look?