Grand Hauler

Finally got my first semi build finished up. Just a stock Grand hauler at the moment with a few tweaks to the parts that come with the kit. I'm running a light kit from MyTrickRC, a genaric 2 channel radio and a Hobbywing ESC with the stock can motor. Trimmed the front bumper shorter and tucked it in to be even with the grill, miter cut the stacks and trimmed the visor. Made the air lines and electrical cable with some beading supplies my wife had laying around.

Windcatcher was my dad's CB handle a long time ago.

Light test by Gordon Latimer, on Flickr

Grand Hauler by Gordon Latimer, on Flickr

Grand Hauler by Gordon Latimer, on Flickr

Windcatcher by Gordon Latimer, on Flickr

https://youtu.be/h34_Tld9234

Last edited:

tkw75

Still Learning
Great looking truck! Did you dechrome all of the parts before dying/painting? Love the mitered smoke stacks; looks so much cleaner than the stock angled extensions.

Phildirt

If I were to attempt one of these this is what I'd do, except convert to a day cab if all of the electronics could still be hidden. Looks great. I migrated to RC after building 1:25 and 1:24 scale big rigs for many years so I have an eye for them haha.

Great looking truck! Did you dechrome all of the parts before dying/painting? Love the mitered smoke stacks; looks so much cleaner than the stock angled extensions.

Yeah, just a soak in super clean.

- - - Updated - - -

If I were to attempt one of these this is what I'd do, except convert to a day cab if all of the electronics could still be hidden. Looks great. I migrated to RC after building 1:25 and 1:24 scale big rigs for many years so I have an eye for them haha.

If you don't use the MFU there is plenty of room for all the electronics in the cab.