HD, you ask? Yes...Heavy Duty! Some people like running steering servos with massive torque and pushing their trucks to the limits. If that sounds like you, you'll love our new HD Battery Tray with Servo and Bumper Mount for the Axial SCX10 II. We have strengthened every aspect of our popular battery tray and servo mounts and added a beefy front bumper mount for even more strength. To top it off, we've even incorporated a fairlead for your winch line if you run a servo winch (servo winch mount sold separately).
This tray works with all versions of the Axial SCX10 II and can be used in combination with our Forward Mount Transmission Cradle on the kit version like this:
So go ahead...toss in that 500+ oz-inch servo and give it all you got!
We are offering the HD tray in two versions:
1. SLS nylon through our Shapeways store
2. Carbon fiber nylon printed in-house
Why two versions, you ask? SLS nylon prints through Shapeways are very durable and offer the highest print resolution available. Shapeways also ships worldwide cost-effectively (which we're not currently set up to do). But...Shapeways pricing for larger parts like battery trays can get up there. So we are now offering in-house carbon fiber nylon prints for larger parts like this battery tray. The carbon fiber nylon is ultra light and ultra strong, and we can offer it to U.S. customers for significantly less than the Shapeways version. The biggest tradeoff is print resolution on the surface, but that's not a big issue for an internal part that won't be seen with the body mounted. So take your pick - we think you'll be happy either way!
1. Before installation, we recommend clearing out the screw mounting holes with a 3/32" drill bit running at a slow speed. This will remove any excess powder left from the finishing process and make it easier to start the screws.
2. We recommend cleaning out the bumper mount holes with a 5/16" drill bit to make it easier for your bumper posts to slide in.
3. Be careful not to overtighten screws. We recommend tightening all screws by hand. You can use a dab of Shoe Goo or E6000 to help keep screws tight.
4. Add a battery strap and you're ready to hit the trails!