HET M1000 like trailer

T

Tamiya Cowboy

Well with the truck goes the trailer so here goes the hacking of 2 new bruder drop decks and turning them into a sort of HET looking trailer to haul are tank with..

So 2 new trailer..
009-35.jpg

First 2 cuts the tape gives me a stright line to follow..
010-31.jpg

WALA
011-27.jpg

Next onto the 2nd trailer one cut.
012-24.jpg

Then one more to shorten the deck.
013-18.jpg

Then all 3 back together but I have to reconnect the bracing still but here is how it looks.
014-18.jpg

015-18.jpg

Now since the truck is a 1 5/8 taller than a stock semi I need to make a new neck for the trailer. I am going with the set up the HET M1000 has with a bending point at the front of the trailer that the neck hooks too. Also the neck will be made out of 1/2 plastic sheet..

017-14.jpg

More tomorrow if I get a new band saw blade :mad:

Thanks Much for looking..

G

Goose19

so, ive asked this on other sites aswell,
are bruder tires rubber or plastic?

cool lookin trailer!

N

NVFOCUS

Question, with so many wheels, How does it manage the turns?:confused:

T

Tamiya Cowboy

so, ive asked this on other sites aswell,
are bruder tires rubber or plastic?

cool lookin trailer!

Thanks Goose. The tires have sort of a rubber tire around a hard rim..

In 1:1 this trailer has 40 tires on it and they are in pairs of 2 on both sides of the trailer and each set turns when fully loaded by hydros. I am not going to do that I am just building it this way for my son it will turn with no issues cause it will never have enuff weight that you cant turn it..

G

Goose19

if you want, google a "centipede" trailer, or michigan 8 axle. they turn, with up to 5 axles on the ground. alot of tire scrub, and frame flexing!

T

Tamiya Cowboy

if you want, google a "centipede" trailer, or michigan 8 axle. they turn, with up to 5 axles on the ground. alot of tire scrub, and frame flexing!

Yeah we have alot of them around us too them haul asphalt in them and they have no issues turning but they scrub the hell out of the tires on them..