How to modify a tamiya hard body

mackaiver

how do i add material to a tamiya jeep wrangler hard body and make it look as thought is was their from the factory
i wish to make it like this
search

JMo

V.I.P. Member
Your link doesn't appear to be working, but I presume you want to stretch the wheelbase a bit?

If so, I've done that a couple of times with the Tamiya shell - details and photos in the most recent build thread here: TJ Hooker

Essentially you need some styrene sheet (I suggest a mix of 1mm and 1.5mm thick, so you can mix and match and sandwich together as required) plus your glue of choice (I tack initially with superglue, then beef-up/fill the joints with a 2-part epoxy), and some fine automotive body-filler - that's what I use anyway.

Hope that helps!

mackaiver

Your link doesn't appear to be working, but I presume you want to stretch the wheelbase a bit?

If so, I've done that a couple of times with the Tamiya shell - details and photos in the most recent build thread here: TJ Hooker

Essentially you need some styrene sheet (I suggest a mix of 1mm and 1.5mm thick, so you can mix and match and sandwich together as required) plus your glue of choice (I tack initially with superglue, then beef-up/fill the joints with a 2-part epoxy), and some fine automotive body-filler - that's what I use anyway.

Hope that helps!

heres a working link
search