Iron Hide rc4wd rebuild and New axle help

SoloConceptsRc

Hi needing help with the choice of New axles. I like the SSD diamond axles. Read a lot about them. But would like some real input on a choice.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

SoloConceptsRc

39ca0d26a56c1242b6d34707e3331135.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

imthatguy

Putting it in "H"
I've never used them, but his stuff is generally pretty well engineered. They're a little big for my taste, but looks like a big truck you're putting them on. :biggthumpup:

new2rocks

I have a set of the Wraith-width diamond axles on my Bomber. They seem to be well made, and the proportions look nice on a wider axle. I have read of a few people cracking the housings on high-powered Yetis, but that shouldn't stop you from buying them for a scaler. If you're looking for a narrower axle (SCX-width), there are now a couple of good axle options with much smaller pumpkins (Ascender and AR44) with more on the way (VP AR44-based Curries, new GCM TM8s, and Mad Moose portals, to name a few). Having run the Ascender and AR44 axles, I can highly recommend both. The others should be excellent, as well. So if you're going for a narrower scale look, I'd suggest one of those. Hope that helps.