Just another Toyoda..

delux

deCOMPosed.
Lke I don't have enough projects....

I don't really know why but I've had the urge to start another project. That's now four actively on the go! Madness!! ::awwcrap

This one is going to be a quick and easy build using mostly parts that I already have on hand. The heart and soul ie the axles and gearbox will be donated by my very first Axial rig.
How it looked back in 2008;

delux

deCOMPosed.
I'll put some chassis shots up tomorrow but it's nothing that hasn't been done before..

The body is an RC4WD Hilux.

Here's what I've been up to so far;
Choppity chop

Cheers to a chopped bed!

This turk must have been a Friday arvo build?!

imthatguy

Putting it in "H"
I also am the copyright holder on spelling Tiyote wrong on the liftgate. You owe me three internets and eleventy free kittens.

Deliver to IMAGUY, c/o pardonmyn00b, America.

Great colour I might add.

delux

deCOMPosed.
Awesome, ground breaking chassis shots;

I made the links out of steel and left them raw so they should rust up nicely over time.... Check out the awesome retro-axial green anodizing on the tranny!

delux

deCOMPosed.
Oh and the axles have been rebuilt/upgraded with front CVDs, over-drive, high steer 4 link etc. The rear has 4 link and under drive gears. I've never tried this combo so it should be interesting!!

delux

deCOMPosed.
In the recycling spirit of this build I've been using some old Axial rims. Never do I want to mark and drill that many holes again!

imthatguy

Putting it in "H"
Looks great. And I know Toyoda is spelled correctly, but you spelled Tiyote wrong. It's okay, I'll let it slide this time. ;)

delux

deCOMPosed.
My bad... I'm only a simple colonial, I'll do my best to up my spelling.. I might even stick them on straight next time! ;)

If my rig can be half as cool as yours I'll be stoked!!!

pardonmyn00b

What the hell was that?!
I tried to subscribe to Cwalring Monthly but the online checkout wouldn't work. Apparently Tasmanian dollars are not recognised?!?

I'm not sure that I actually mispelt it;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sakichi_Toyoda

Would you settle for two internets and twelve tassie tigers pelts?
We only take metric currency right now. My 84 piece of junk says Toyoda on it. I guess it was a thing they did with his real name. I don't know, I'm not a doctor.

delux

deCOMPosed.
Hmmm, well you've always been Dr. styrene to me.. Dr. STy R EnooB.. :idea:

How about a two year subscription to Cwarlring mag and six virgin chicken toes?

N

Northernrockexposure

Wow that looks super nice! I love the tire size... now stupid question... but, are those 2.2?