Kev's new shop/shops.

baliah

Shop looks sweet!! NOW I understand!!! You still have a huge collection that will keep you very busy!!

Ikaros

That's a clean and tidy shop Kev, I'll keep this topic in mind while developing my own workshop

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
Thanks guys, I'm pretty happy with how it's coming together. All of the specialty tools have been very pricey but worth it once I start to build again.
Having been a drafter from the old days, I've spent a few hours over a light table... we have several nice big ones at work that don't get used anymore.... hmmmm.
You should snatch one up, so handy when it comes to decals, masking and testing semi transparent surfaces. Best part of all it puts a super horror movie glow up your face if you want to look more dramatic when you play with your toys!
Shop looks sweet!! NOW I understand!!! You still have a huge collection that will keep you very busy!!
Ahhh yes, you've spotted some of the new model collection Jim. :laughing:

On one of my lunch breaks, I'm heading down to the local paint store to pick out a new wall color. On the weekend I'll take everything out of the office and get the walls painted their final coats. I'll put it all back together and then I can do all of the finishing touches. More pics and updates as the new gear arrives.

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
Thanks gents, I'm having allot of fun with this and can't wait to get started with all of the new projects.
I worked long into the night getting the walls prepped and painted. It took forever to take it all appart but was worth doing this way so when it's all painted i don't have to switch things around and make extra holes in the walls.
New LED lighting is on the way for under the shelves, hope to have it by the weekend.
Will update as soon as I can.

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
Been blasting away at the hobby room/office at night this week. Managed to get hobby area back together, repainted the light table, cabinets and shelves. Putting it back together tonight once the paint dries.

Chose a Mushroom color for the walls instead of what I really wanted. Concerned with bold fun colors when it comes to selling the place. Sheeple for the most part have no vision when it comes to wall color so I'm playing it safe a little.

hobby_room_progress_14-11.png

baliah

I understand the color thing! The place I am moving into, most of the rooms are a brown and grey, except for my future RC room which is a bright pink? It will be painted before I use it ASAP lol!!!!This looks very good so far, will look even better with all your stuff in there!

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
Thanks Jim, n00b would dig your new RC room for sure!
After the weekend, I'm getting a little more used to the color and it does look better with my crap moved back in. Once I finish my paintings they should help break things up a little too.

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
Today's lunch break photos, first sprayed the frames for the parts drawers to match the light table frame. Still need to bust out the label maker once I get my bins organized. Cleaned up pretty well for a yard sale find.

hobby_room_progress_14-12.png

Late nights Fri and Sat but was well worth it to get all of the walls complete and my work area back together. For now I just made a new one piece panel and stained it to batch for the tool racks. Much less holes in the wall this way.

hobby_room_progress_14-13.png

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
New tool day, wahoo!
Portable Airbrush Booth has arrived.

new_tool_day_3.png

I opted for the extra vent kit to direct the exhaust.

new_tool_day_4.png

Fits perfect on the bench. Will redirect exhaust later if there's any particulate sneaking by.

new_tool_day_5.png

My under shelf lighting is here, time to light this place up. 15meters should do the trick!

new_tool_day_6.png

Headquake

...at the H.O.P.
Man, thats an organized little spot you've got there Kev.
Looks really inviting. You always make stuff so clean and nice looking.

Neat new booth too.

Hey, is that a candle burning on the left, 5 pics up? I usually have one going when i'm painting, it helps eat up some smell.
I was going to mention that idea to ya but it seems you know already.
orangechat

imthatguy

Putting it in "H"
I've started using a Lampe Berger for reducing odour, it's nice to have a clean smell going on.

By the way, I've got the same booth Kev, and do yourself two favours. 1. Tape newspaper or scrap paper on the interior walls so overpay doesn't coat everything in and around the booth and 2. Vent it outside. You'll thank yourself later.

Love the level of organization. The paint holders alone do it for me. ::2thumbs

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
Man, thats an organized little spot you've got there Kev.
Looks really inviting. You always make stuff so clean and nice looking.

Neat new booth too.

Hey, is that a candle burning on the left, 5 pics up? I usually have one going when i'm painting, it helps eat up some smell.
I was going to mention that idea to ya but it seems you know already.
Thanks Rick, I thrive in organization. The tricky part for me is telling myself to stop working to tidy up. As it gets progressively messier through a project I get a little wired and uncomfortable. Gotta keep things relaxed and need to be able to reach for a tool and not search for a tool.
I've started using a Lampe Berger for reducing odour, it's nice to have a clean smell going on.

By the way, I've got the same booth Kev, and do yourself two favours. 1. Tape newspaper or scrap paper on the interior walls so overpay doesn't coat everything in and around the booth and 2. Vent it outside. You'll thank yourself later.

Love the level of organization. The paint holders alone do it for me.
I'm excited to use the booth. For sure I'll be wrapping the inside, need to stop in and grab some waxed masking paper from the auto supply. You think I'll need to vent outside? I'm only spraying acrylics in very small volumes, nothing toxic. Was planning as a backup to send the vent down into a 5 gal bucket (water filter) if particles make it past the built in filter.

I think I've got both of your solutions taken care of, that candle glow is a salt crystal that has a resevoir for essential oils (good smelling stuff). Martina got it for me as they're supposed to be relaxing and will make me want to punch things less, so far it might be working a bit?
Rick does the open candle flame have a different purpose or the same masking effect?

Popping out to get some more rolls of wire today so I can do LEDs tonight.

motocrawler

Kev,

You are hilarious, I love how you just switched gears and went full force into the other end of the hobby. I admire how full throttle you are about everything, and my god did you ever stack your empty shelves quickly. Can't wait to see the work area in person, looks pretty slick I may have to steal some ideas for my workbench.

SRB Bloke

V.I.P. Member
Wow wow wow!!!! All I have is the dining table which I have to clear everytime I use it.

That is a stunning work area, looking forward to seeing the first new item thats finished on that table :biggthumpup:

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
Kev,

You are hilarious, I love how you just switched gears and went full force into the other end of the hobby. I admire how full throttle you are about everything, and my god did you ever stack your empty shelves quickly. Can't wait to see the work area in person, looks pretty slick I may have to steal some ideas for my workbench.
That's why we get on so well my friend... why stroll in and pace yourself when you can run in and and get at it right snappy. Man you should have seen last night and the night before wiring the LED strips... what a nightmare. Ripped them all out and redid them last night. Now they and I have come to an agreement they're pretty rad looking and affordable (even if you have to do them twice)

Wow wow wow!!!! All I have is the dining table which I have to clear everytime I use it.
That is a stunning work area, looking forward to seeing the first new item thats finished on that table
That's now way to have to live!
JK

You know even with this built, I'll still be at the dining room table every now and then... It's a tradition for me and I just can't shake it.

More update photos on the way when everything gets put back again.

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
Made myself some switches, plugs into a little 12V wall transformer. Thanks Al Jackson for the great advise! Left side runs the upper LEDs and the other runs the lower

hobby_room_progress_14-14.png

Just the lowers on..

hobby_room_progress_14-15.png

Plenty of light in the scenery supplies

hobby_room_progress_14-16.png

I actually used to wear a headlamp to see in this drawer until today... F YOU DARKNESS!

hobby_room_progress_14-17.png

Just the LEDs on, lots of shelf light now.

hobby_room_progress_14-18.png

Some perspective

hobby_room_progress_14-19.png

Don't have to paint shop for a while

hobby_room_progress_14-20.png

I've always wanted to beat my own shadow... check that off the list.

hobby_room_progress_14-21.png