Kev's new shop/shops.

generis

This is an amazing transformation, sir! Great looking setup and I love the new lighting! Does this mean the whole table is lit now on the flat too?

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
Wow man. What a clean, organized, beautiful workshop.

Excellent stuff.

This is an amazing transformation, sir! Great looking setup and I love the new lighting! Does this mean the whole table is lit now on the flat too?
Thanks guys, I'm pretty pleased with the results. It's now clean enough in here that in a day I can have it looking like a normal human's room if we throw the 4sale sign up. It'll also be refreshing to work in cause mess makes me come unhinged a touch.

On the flat too Chris? The entire working surface is glass and there's two double 4' flourescent fixtures inside, flip the switch and lights on...this what you mean?

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
Yes, they're an easy build if you know a guy with metal stock... ahemmm, you should know a guy.
They look good in wood too but of course aren't as precise for a drafting application.
Mine's a Henning brand table I believe.

You can find them used but drafting equipment holds its value so it may be cheaper to purpose build the top portion to suit. This size, I've seen between $50 - $500 used and up to 1K for the larger ones

DRW-FJ40

chicks dig small trucks
The ones we have at work are home made... pretty long ago from the looks but they're made to be portable. They have a handle and are meant to be stored and you put them on top of a drafting table when needed.

Kev, It's looking great... Man, if I had your organizational skills... Think of the dragons I could slay.

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
They sound perfect, you should snatch one up mister.
Had a chance to make a little mess and do a little work at the bench, it's so much better with everything in its place. More importantly there's almost a proper tool for every job now.

HemiStorm

Very nice and organized space you have there! That booth looks like something I really need to save up for and get, I didn't even know they existed.

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
Gotta love New Tool Day!
Nothing brightens up a Thursday lunch like new tools. Another order arrived today! Resistance soldering unit, soldering matt, the rest of my Xuron pliers, hard wire cutter and end nippers, hobby knives, straight edge, panel scriber and a bunch more aluminum clamps.

new_tool_day_7.png

Added this new hobby hammer to the collection so I'm retiring my old train hammer. No more slicing my hands open on the plaking chrome.

new_tool_day_8.png

Goodbye old friend!

new_tool_day_9.png

Headquake

...at the H.O.P.
I get so attached to old things.
I don't think i could ever get rid of that hammer.
That last pic almost made me cry. Ha.

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
Aw, don't worry pal this won't get tossed of course but will live in my special tool box with my old plumbob and such. I've this little hammer since elementary school and just don't have the heart to toss it!

DRW-FJ40

chicks dig small trucks
Haha. Thats good. He's just retiring. I think its the little etched in name that really got me. :laugh:

reminds me of a little straight edge ruler that stays on my work bench... it has my Dad's name inscribed in little kid like letters. Probably circa 1940. I don't use it... but it stays on my bench.