::KJ's:: Rancid Kiwi - AE86 XXX

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
What...you too?
I guess camber...How does it handle like that?
Is that a Yokamo body? looks cool.

M

madhatter

What...you too?
I guess camber...How does it handle like that?
Is that a Yokamo body? looks cool.

Actually thats from a couple years ago now I think.
As for handling....I'm not real sure since I was racing indoor carpet with it mostly. I do know that most the full on jap' spec drifter cars have a ton of camber on them.
It is a Yokomo body, and if I build another I will spend the extra money for one again. They are really nice and lots of cool extras.

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
Got some more work done on the drifter...
Interior panel/plate is coming together, had to do the basice while the body was still clear.
I'll start painting and adding the details next.
3xs_stp_5.jpg
3xs_stp_6.jpg
3xs_stp_7.jpg
3xs_stp_8.jpg

Most of the paint is complete, I used the old Rancid Kiwi Recipe but put on a few coats of metal flake first. I think it turned out pretty cool but will be hard to tell until it's together.
3xs_stp_9.jpg

Last edited:

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
Some more interior panel detail, some painting and accessories to still add but you get the idea.
3xs_stp_10.jpg
3xs_stp_11.jpg
Used some of the scale braided hose for the fuel lines and a bit of the picture frame wire for the nitrous lines. The wiring diagram's in Al's hands so the tach, shift light and dash lights should put a nice glow through the interior.
3xs_stp_12.jpg

Bunch of body lines, decals and scale stuff to get on, just waiting for the shoe goo to set up. Used a bit of the aluminum grill (thanks Matt!) for the openings in the front cowl, will add intercooler and lighting soon.
3xs_stp_13.jpg

I love the way the painted drinking straws worked for the cage...just tacked in with a dab of shoe goo. Looks like the real deal from outside and is as light weight as you get!
3xs_stp_14.jpg
3xs_stp_15.jpg

More pics with the body on as soon as this stuff dries!
Thanks for lookin

Last edited:
J

JasonC

Lookin very good Kev! Are those tires made by Matt? I really like the color and the detail in the interior. So you have 3 lights going into the dash?

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
Yep the tires are Matts, I've now got 5 full sets for different meets, concrete, carpet....

LEDs....Awww crap...just looked at the wiring diagram I made for all yesterday and forgot to add the interior lights...sorry Al just sent the update...:paranoid:.

The plan was to have the Tach face and dash lights, light up yellow and have a 3mm red in the shift light....just hope he hasn't started building the set just yet!

Ax-hole

Supporting Member
Wow, that Willy guy, he drives em all! He's like the Stig on top gear. lol "Some say, that if you leave a Willy in a car long enough...... it'll grow a skeleton !" :biggthumpup::rock:

P

pathfinder95

:Wow1: that rola widebody is ssssschhhweeeeeet!!! really nice additions with the straw roll cage (really good idea!!) and nos tank, another top notch job kev!! gonna have to take action pics with the lights on:rock:

:popcorn:

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
Sorry Curly this one's not that Hitech...no pivoting head, maybe next time?

Hopefully I can grab some action shots next Saturday with the lights on, maybe I'll pass the controls to a more capable driver and snap some pics...nice idea!

Decided on the huge spoiler and typical tuner add ons as much as I don't usually like them they just seem to suite it better. I can run the stock spoiler later if I get tired of the airplane wing. The balance of the HPI tuner kit had mirrors, intercooler and huge muffler.
Also cut the top portion of the tail light decals off to clean up the back end a bit more.
3xs_stp_20.jpg

Added some body lines and a few more leftover shop decals.
3xs_stp_21.jpg
3xs_stp_22.jpg

Next will be painting in the larger body seams and front grills...more pics later

Last edited:
J

JasonC

Kev what is the brand name of that mesh that you used? Did it come silver or did you paint it that way? Want to mail me a chunk? lol

J

jarrodh

ps, you dont need a 19t motor, a 27 will do pretty much the same thing, and let the bateries last longer..

one ways are cool.. on one of my cars in stalled 3 on ways.. front/rear, and the center shaft that drove the belts..lol

drifting is easy.. we used to do it on our race days, we'd have about 5-6 of us that made some drift tires(just some pvc pipe on tc rims) and went out on the track at lunch.. i know their not true "drift" tires, but they cost like 4$ to make.. it was fun.. i soon found the quickest way to do it..lol

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
Got the rest of my stuff on early this morning, painted the mesh on the front cowl, mounted the intercooler, cut and painted the bumper foam and cut the exaust in.
3xs_stp_23.jpg
3xs_stp_24.jpg
3xs_stp_25.jpg
3xs_stp_26.jpg

Mounted on the mirrors and have the tach set up ready for the LEDs now.
3xs_stp_27.jpg

Last edited:

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
The last piece to the puzzle...LED's are here.
Just getting them tacked in and securing the wires with Shoe Goo...will look alot better when I get the wire's painted. Should look pretty cool, there's 6, 5mm Yellow's pointing down to light up some ground and the intercooler in the front.
Headlights, Taillights, signals and some dash lights should make for a cool look at night.

Sorry Al my job sticking them in doesen't do the kit much justice but here's some pics anyways.
3xs_stp_28.jpg

Last edited:

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
All done and ready for tomorrow.
Thanks for the wicked good job on the lights Al!

A few more images before I test it in the house :paranoid: ...
3xs_stp_30.jpg
3xs_stp_31.jpg
3xs_stp_32.jpg
3xs_stp_33.jpg
3xs_stp_34.jpg
3xs_stp_35.jpg
3xs_stp_36.jpg

Thanks for watchin guys...next one's going American Muscle I think!

Last edited:
J

JasonC

Very cool Kev!!!! I really like the extras you did with the lights. The side turn signals and the tach are awsome!!!!

I am waiting on my Yokomo light buckets before I place an order with Al, I want to see if I can put 3 lights in the front light buckets (2 white, 1 amber).

What color did you go with for the headlights? white or blue?

Last edited by a moderator: