wesmade

Supporting Member
bravo, man... bravo
clap.gif

Thanks!

Wes

wesmade

Supporting Member
One of the finishing details is a scale plate to match the 1:1. Krawler Konceptz did a great job recreating this one.

I also was able to get one seat belt installed. It would have been two, but apparently I selected one stead of two when I ordered them. Will get this complete one of these days. I am so close.

b788f74ea7c7c7dd804c261d2dc40ffe.jpg
e7478a9f63b5adf888d94ef64f070852.jpg

Wes

2Beers

It's me again.
:luv:
Been keeping up with you on the tube..least trying...
Great build wes.
Love the stickers man.

Crazy work as usual and very appreciated.
Love your attention to details.

wesmade

Supporting Member
:luv:
Been keeping up with you on the tube..least trying...
Great build wes.
Love the stickers man.

Crazy work as usual and very appreciated.
Love your attention to details.

Thanks, it?s awesome getting a really fun build to sink your teeth into!

Wes

wesmade

Supporting Member
Finally got the LED strips in so I could finish the taillights. I cut each LED out and built a small styrene box around then to cover up the strip and prevent light leaks. Quite a pain, but I think it was worth it.

I also wound some cable on the winch. The cable is 49 strand necklace wire. It has a Teflon coating and is super strong, thin and flexible. Plus it looks like real scale cable. A shiny red hook which I store on the Scale Metal Supplies tab finished it off.

625613765a2d12a83ab7025d54e74ae9.jpg
fac1c44f55b77e2684ca40b2a4768dbf.jpg
61168fa16d015b50bee1d00bfe09b2a9.jpg
9637c01610d4b2a72e473e41734e36ba.jpg

Wes

wesmade

Supporting Member
Took the LS Mail Jeep to Rausch Creek for Crawltoberfest. Figured I could get some good shots on the rocks.

bbe4d937fae4cc6cb105afcbddf48e7b.jpg
e594aa4a101144eb66aa4a23827b6fc5.jpg
b84e6b7a0a07b53b92979b6d2c9dba86.jpg

Wes

TLC

Scaled, but not fishy.
I second that, definitely looks at home. :biggthumpup:
You should have one very happy customer mate, I hope he appreciates the awesomeness of this build. ::2thumbs

wesmade

Supporting Member
Another outstanding build. Looks great out on the rocks :biggthumpup:

Thanks, it was cool seeing how realistic it looked in the shots.

I second that, definitely looks at home. :biggthumpup:
You should have one very happy customer mate, I hope he appreciates the awesomeness of this build. ::2thumbs

Thanks, he seems to be. He is a buddy of mine, so I'm excited I will finally get to see one perform from time to time.

wesmade

Supporting Member
I used a new process for me on this build. The last piece of this puzzle is an aluminum louvers plate attached to the center bump of the hood.

I thought of several different methods for accomplishing this, but decided on doing stamped aluminum. The idea was seen on Harley Designs YouTube channel. Basically you make a positive and negative mold and press soft aluminum between them. Josh at Harley Designs was kind enough to help me with some of the design struggles.

I am new to Fusion 360 and do not own a 3D printed. However, I wish I had a dollar for everytime someone tells me to buy one. Anyway, I used several new to me design techniques picked up by scouring YouTube. I especially like Lars Christianson for his educational videos.

My friends at Adam and Aiden Pocono Scale offered to print the molds for me. After a few back and forth between Adam and Josh, I finally got the mold to a good spot. If I was to start over again, I would do so much different but I was too far down the road on this one.

Instead of buying expensive soft aluminum from McMaster Carr, I used aluminum flashing from the hardware store. It was $1.70 so we?ll within the budget. The aluminum was cut to rough shape and placed in the mold. I first squeezed it in the vise and then smacked it with a dead blow hammer several times. The end result is amazing. Not as crisp as it could have been, but more amazing than I could have dreamed.

463d2f9334387589b83b3be14ab218ee.jpg
d3b0078085ece1c41a8aefa29edb5ff9.jpg
5c0e05dafdff474a0069266ef934324e.jpg

Wes

dagabba

Supporting Member
What a great piece to finish!

Always nice to hear of people in the community supporting each other too!