Lux's 58 Chevy Apache

joe122

I amazed every time I see a build created from wood. This one is is one of my favs so far! That Ford is awesome and the Apache is shaping up to be another killer build! Love the character lines and details!!!!

luxarsKetch

Weathering is addictive.
Thank you! I feel same about styrene builds.
Chevy comes out to be more curvy in shapes than the Ford

I amazed every time I see a build created from wood. This one is is one of my favs so far! That Ford is awesome and the Apache is shaping up to be another killer build! Love the character lines and details!!!!

Here is some progress.
The most work on the front is done, needs lots of sanding still, but i am happy to see it as it is.

Also got the roof and side styrene pieces glued up to the body. So now there is almost seamless curve round the windshield. Drew the panel lines to make it more clear.

More putty to put, more work to do!

luxarsKetch

Weathering is addictive.
It's time for a cool story

For the last two days I have been struggling trying to understand the shape of the Chevy windows. If you look at the original, then you will understand what I'm talking about. Many shapes and elevations.
In the end, I had a dream how I solved this problem. When I woke up, I set to work with the information that came to me at night. As yo see, it worked out very well.
Needs some sanding and a bit of line work too.
074a0fedf4c701c1c248b00a4403358d.jpg
15c6ce9a9ed595238457bd055a370e13.jpg
7d1a49de584e32efd2f4c2adffe37398.jpg
05d33cbfd2566c27794d1854a11a0acf.jpg
a119950368b1b3469186cbe74f7e610a.jpg

2Beers

It's me again.
Pretty amazing.
Your nailing them lines.
Really appreciate the efforts into this one.

Going to be an outstanding little truck.
Keep the updates coming.

luxarsKetch

Weathering is addictive.
Thank you! Can't wait to put some primer on it to clear all the lines.
Pretty amazing.
Your nailing them lines.
Really appreciate the efforts into this one.

Going to be an outstanding little truck.
Keep the updates coming.

Many thanks!
Taking up an amazing shape!

Those took some time. Yes. Thank you!
These windows are truly complicated shapes. Incredible work!

Small update!
The truck looks more of a truck form a distance

Btw, i am really digging the looks of trail busters underneath the truck. What do you think?

Finished styrene trim around the roof and did a bit of fine sanding to make it look one piece on roof stands.

Cleared some lines of the front + made a styrene piece that goes between front bumper and the front of the truck

Getting the bed done, except i do not have wood sticks to cover the floors. I'll cover it in future updates.

Speaking about the color sheme, i really like banana color with white details, like on the picture i've posted on the first page. As i built Ford to look like it was fresh and new, i want this one to look a bit rusty, with one dent and some moss around "apache" nameplates. Any suggestions?

luxarsKetch

Weathering is addictive.
I've just realized there is no image i an talking about.
So here it goes, the banana Chevy with Gmc grill or Gmc with chevy bed. I'm confused, but whatever.

Maybe the part on the bed side will look better in white. Do not want any chrome on this one.

luxarsKetch

Weathering is addictive.
Thank you guys, really appreciate it!
The last couple of days I spent primering the body and carving panel lines. They looks messy because of black paint, but it's on purpose.

They still require some cleaning. According to the experience with Ford, I did not bring the body into perfect surfaces, as all the pinewood lines showed through due to moisture.

But love seing it in one color finally. On to lots of sanding and reprimering now.

Just found the old Ford bumper. Chevy looks pretty funny with it.

And some shots of them both.

luxarsKetch

Weathering is addictive.
Hi guys!
I love the countryside atmosphere. It?s always easy to tune in to work. I've already had two pieces of pine laying around for future bumpers. Because of no pendulum jigsaw, I use a drill and a chisel with a mallet. It is easy to process with a wooden rasp, easier than dremel sometimes.

The blank for the rear bumper has been lying around for a long time, but it turned out very well. Both bumpers are primed and require a bit of putty.
I am happy with the result, I can?t wait to see it in color with a patina.

I?ll make a stop signal, don?t look at it!

luxarsKetch

Weathering is addictive.
Today i was working on the front grill letters, "hood" vents and template for the windshield.
Love the way the "windshield" makes the cab look less like a doghutch.

luxarsKetch

Weathering is addictive.
Thank you sir! Love the way it looks less and less like a fridge.

Now that is one Happy front end....
:luv::luv::luv::luv::luv:

Beautiful work.
Looking so right.::2thumbs:biggthumpup:::2thumbs 2Beers fiver.

Thank you very much!

I love this truck!

Spent yesterday evening making those bumper guards. Nice teeth it has now.
Also ordered some paint for this truck.
I really want to build the sun visor for it.

Can someone explain me please, if those bumper accessories were installed only on top notch trucks as well as those Chevy's "jet" like hood emblem?
Let me reformulate my question: should i build those hood ornaments for the old and bitup looking truck?

Hope you enjoy this one.

joe122

Mind blown!!! Amazing wood working skills. Love those bumpers and other details!!!! Beautiful work!!!