Lux's 58 Chevy Apache

2Beers

It's me again.
Wow !
Just Wow!

Great update, last photo is just to cool.

Seriously appreciating all the time and efforts into this one, Its a lot of work and love to make it look so correct and beautiful.

Great Job man.... 2Beers fiver. ::2thumbs:biggthumpup:::2thumbs

Cant wait to see the dash.

Sorry for being so late with posts. The countryhouse management took a decent amount of time, but now the hard work outside has been done, we can do tiny trucks too.
-finished the chassis. The axial bomber has transformed, so to speak, it is now 3 link with panhard bar on the front. Not realistic, but lets drive like it is for some time.
-assembled all the electronics:
Hobbywing axe 550 at 3300kW at 50% power(as it was sitting in my axial bomber), 1/5th scale servo same as the one on my Ford, the easy lights with little switch.
-Made almost all the details on the body:
Door handles, wipers, rear-view mirror and side mirror, filler neck of the tank.
It remains to get Lexan for the remaining windows, make the tailgate locks, lightly age the chrome and try building the sun visor.
Can't wait to ride it in tandem with Ford
ce8cce00f5eed088dd72dd88eeeb6e47.jpg
7cf4b8a6453e8edd235d065d8f4e35a3.jpg
5bbecc79e1ddb1c266ac4b1f4dcc5038.jpg
e2bdbe294242971fb698e9a140786972.jpg
7a9ba68283d8da6341c36db36acb400c.jpg
30b17934425a4157ba7b886555b3df24.jpg
1ec54bcd98fe66e5c450486e9f74a423.jpg
e5026eb0ff90bfe3e2a2a7167344fb3d.jpg

Wow !
Just Wow!

Great update, last photo is just to cool.

Seriously appreciating all the time and efforts into this one, Its a lot of work and love to make it look so correct and beautiful.

Great Job man.... 2Beers fiver. ::2thumbs:biggthumpup:::2thumbs

Cant wait to see the dash.
Thank you, Beers! Very pleased you enjoy this long journey.
Dash photos will be soon, need to make minor adjustments on the knobs.

Many thanks, guys! Glad you enjoy.

Finished all the details i've posted earlier. Mirrors became actual mirrors with some chrome wrap, finished tailgate locks, installed all the missing windows and installed all the interior parts into the body.

Didn't decided about chains on the locks, but we'll see.

Who knows where the stock dashboard went?

And some overall pics

As for the truck itself, it's 95% done. It needs the painted chassis, and some tiny details to the interior and bed. I'm working on them.

ShopGTR

Cruisin'
I love both trucks but the Chevy really wins me over. Fantastic work start to finish. Really great job!

I love both trucks but the Chevy really wins me over. Fantastic work start to finish. Really great job!

Thanks, Cory! Chevy is surely has much more curves and things to look at, but the good old fridge is forever in my heart. Haha.

I am happy to see a masterpiece finally.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Glad you enjoyed this dusty trip!
It really turned out great.

Wes

Thank you, Wes. I appreciate that. Can't wait to take some pictures outdoors.

So

I think it was a successful run, if there are no parts flying around.

Those cool shots took the man, who donated me a tiny metal bucket.

And some pictures of mine

This truck is so old, even grass began to grow in it

Overall impressions are supercool. Chevy turned out to be very different to ford, good shocks plus link suspension equal to the very smooth ride. Crawls very good actually, but those foams are sure too soft for it.