Lux's Willys

Hi! It's been a while since my last build.

While it is not possible to continue working on wooden trucks, I decided to change the situation a little and make a truck from styrene.

I have been thinking about the Willys Jeep for a long time, and so its time has come.
The goal on this one is to reuse some old parts and build a new truck out of scratch.
I have my first chassis laying around - the old TF2 bought in 2011. Moved the leafspring a bit and the rest of the work is directly with the body.

As you can see, it is not 10th scale truck. It will go together with my woodies nicely.
1\7.2 scale tiny truck. In fact, this jeep even in larger scale is smaller than a Hilux Body.

Could it be possible to see the 10th scale willys on the trail?:hmmm:

It's a pleasure to work with a different material. Btw, that's my first full scratch build out of styrene. Hope it will go well.
I have not decided on the history of this tiny jeep yet , but if you have any cool/personal references, please share.

joe122

Love a good styrene scratch build....and here is one!! Looking forward to more progress!!!

2Beers

It's me again.
Oh maaaaaaan
I do so love a flat fender willy's build.
Coming along fantastic.
Very exciting. More Please.

Send to me once complete.
:laughing:;)::2thumbs

Many thanks guys!

simple front bumper installed. It is a piece of steel that i hope will rust and bend over time.

Also working on windshield. But it's almost done.

Initially, I made the grill according to the bluepring i've found, but the final result was different from the grill on photos of the truck. Apparently the drawing was in wrong proportions. I tried for a long time to make equally smooth holes. The easiest way turned out to be the most painstaking one: accurate marking with compasses and a model knife did their job.

Finally I finished the floor. Added hooks on the hood and finally cut out the circles and knobs for the dashboard. I don?t know what could be more difficult in our hobby than cutting circles.

A little trick for circles: if you disassemble the telescopic pointer / antenna, then you will have a set of sharp-edged tubes of different diameters in steps of about 0.5 millimeters. Heat the tube, press it into the plastic and voila.

Btw, i've already installed two warm led lights inside the dashboard light places. Hope it will give a bit more scale points to the interior.

joe122

Just commented on IG as well. Another well done scratch build! Quite a few details to get right with one of these, you've done a awesome job so far!!!

2Beers

It's me again.
MMmmmmm details. Flat fender gooooodness gracious .:luv:
Some of the best hood latches I've seen done on one of these critters.
Coming along fantastic.

TLC

Scaled, but not fishy.
Really coming along well mate, nice styreneage....(new noun) ::2thumbs
I am enjoying watching this come together. :cool:

Got the headlights pre done. Formed the reflectors by pressing tiny ball into the warmed up styrene. Same way the lenses were made. Plus added some more details in the interior.

TLC

Scaled, but not fishy.
Excellent weathering mate. ::2thumbs I can almost hear that old yellow paint flaking away from the rust.....:loll::laugh:
I'm sure your mate will appreciate your fine work, he's a lucky bloke to score this rig. :biggthumpup:

Excellent weathering mate. ::2thumbs I can almost hear that old yellow paint flaking away from the rust.....:loll::laugh:
I'm sure your mate will appreciate your fine work, he's a lucky bloke to score this rig. :biggthumpup:
Part of a deal was to exchange the frames. So now i have a stock TF2 frame, that will go under a new loooong tiyoty :loll: