mack truck

B

bill

well my truck finally got here :rock: i plan on making A tow rig out of it heres some pic's of it right now
IMG_3196.jpg
IMG_3197.jpg
IMG_3201.jpg
IMG_3200.jpg
IMG_3202.jpg
IMG_3204.jpg
IMG_3207.jpg

B

bill

i was going to use scx10 axles that i had kicking around but there just a bit to wide i would like to make this truck trial worthy so im not sure what to use for axles and for the motor i was going to use the goat

B

bill

more pics

heres what ive got so far im still not sure about the axles dose enyone know were i can find mrc axles from:beerchug:
IMG_3284.jpg
IMG_3286.jpg
IMG_3282.jpg
IMG_3288.jpg

H

Hillbillycrawler

I think the last pic with axial axle look great.The tires seem to sit at about half tread on the fender and that will help protect the body/fenders.So if I was building this I would chose the axial axles for the added protection.But thats me.

H

Hillbillycrawler

one more thing mabe try to find a ofset wheel that will shorten the with

B

bill

thanks guys i bought some 106mm links to give a bit more of a longer wheel base it should clear most obstacles (i think lol) i finished making the shock towers and have it siting under its own waight the back im not sure weather to use leafs or not heres some more pics
IMG_3293.jpg
IMG_3294.jpg
IMG_3295.jpg
IMG_3296.jpg
IMG_3297.jpg
IMG_3298.jpg
IMG_3299.jpg

?

.-.

looks pretty cool so far there Billy .......did you make ur own duallies for it is that just two tires sitting there for pics.....i like the little dude working on the truck .......keep up the good work ....Hapy New yaer from Rick @ F & G

generis

Maybe take up knitting.
wow, this is turning out to be a much more possible build than I imagined. GOOD JOB! this looks fantastic!

J

jeenyus

right on that looks huge!, it inspires me to do a big rig build....

A

aussiecal

Lookin good bill Keep it up :biggthumpup: I was lookin at another big rig crawler earlyer Now i want one :p6639707: hahah

B

bill

got a bit more done on the truck house renows keep getting in the way of inportin stuff:p6639707:been doing some painting stacks are on crossmembers weilded in and cab mounted:luxhello:
IMG_3328.jpg
IMG_3330.jpg
IMG_3331.jpg
IMG_3332.jpg
IMG_3333.jpg
IMG_3334.jpg

?

.-.

lookin good there Bill.....so when will we see this on th rocks ......the 23rd is comin quick....LOL

B

bill

thanks this truck wont see comp unless its towing whats left off the chevy back to the truck lol:laugh:

B

bill

the motor that came with it im going to use i threw some paint on it and it will stay in there unless i cant find enuff room for the recver and speed control:laugh:and i tryed makeing my own dully wheels useing my honcho wheels by cutting the center of the wheel out so it would fit over the axle and use the normal wheel on the outside but the tires are to wide aswell as the wheels:p6639707::noway: owell heres some pics
IMG_3412.jpg
IMG_3413.jpg
IMG_3414.jpg
IMG_3415.jpg
IMG_3416.jpg
IMG_3418.jpg