mack truck

J

jeenyus

i dont think ive ever seen a mack toy before this thread, it even has the bulldog!

B

bill

been waiting for parts to come in and there all here now so the trucks up and running going to take it to ioco tomorrow to do some testing before i start building the back
IMG_3594-1.jpg
IMG_3596-1.jpg
IMG_3597-1.jpg
IMG_3598-1.jpg
IMG_3599-1.jpg
IMG_3600-1.jpg
IMG_3601-1.jpg

nigelpheron

Supporting Member
The image passing by the building is awesome.

Nice build.

I'm getting the itch for something a little bigger than the micros now...

Thanx.

B

bill

i finlly found time to get some much needed work done on the mack its now a 6x6 heres some pics
IMG_4304.jpg
IMG_4305.jpg
IMG_4306.jpg
IMG_4307.jpg
IMG_4308.jpg
IMG_4309.jpg
IMG_4312.jpg
IMG_4314.jpg

i wanted to keep the diff's close together for realisum but the problem im haveing now is the rear drive shaft dosent work because there to close together i used a plactic axlie one but because its so close theres not a nuff space for the two peaces to slide with out coming off when it flixes if enyone could HELP with this problem that would be great
IMG_4313.jpg
IMG_4306.jpg

K

kyle_l

i wanted to keep the diff's close together for realisum but the problem im haveing now is the rear drive shaft dosent work because there to close together i used a plactic axlie one but because its so close theres not a nuff space for the two peaces to slide with out coming off when it flixes if enyone could HELP with this problem that would be great

i have had the same problem when i tried to build a scale-ish 6x6, you either have to severely limit the up and down movement of the center of the axle or join the 2 axles together in a way the dont move away from each other while still moving separate from one another.

Weapon

you could try cutting a slot lenghtwise on the inner shaft then drilling a hole on the outer shaft. running a screw through holes and the slot so the inner shaft can still slide but the screw will stop it coming all the way out.

Or a cut down cc01 shaft.

I did manage to get mine to stop pulling apart but it took 3 tries and 3 cut up drive shafts.

Last edited:
B

bill

thanks for all the coments and help :beerchug::rock: i used shrink tub thats pretty thick from work and it was a shot in the dark but it seems to work i put all the weight of the truck on the back diff and gaver:3gears: and it didnt come apart so if it dose all try Weapons idea that looks like it shoud work:rock: dose enyone know if the diesl semi truck stamed beadlock wheels from rc4wd will bolt up to axial axles:beerchug: