Manitou FJ55

ShopGTR

Cruisin'
I only have one picture to share as I am just about to start gluing the parts together, but wanted to post it as I'm super excited to start work on this.

Thanks to magicmarker77, imthatguy, and avgatbest for helping answer some questions and getting me Manitou's contact as I'm too grumpy to use Facebook.

This is the larger size body and honestly I have no idea what chassis setup will work underneath. I looked at the MST CFX-W but even it may not be large enough. So body first, then figure out what to put it on.

FJ55Begins.jpg

Fourth Protocol

V.I.P. Member
CMAX will do it. And if it doesn't you can use CMAX spacers to bolt another framerail on. Either way, watching your build. Watching it hard ::suspect::2thumbs

ShopGTR

Cruisin'
Thanks Gents.

Once I peel the glue from my fingers I'll snap some pics. It's almost a body. And man is it big.

Teddy

Niiiiiiiiiiiice !!! I'm waiting for mine too !
Do you have any ideas about the final orientation of this one ?

ShopGTR

Cruisin'
If I didn't already have an orange D110 I would most definitely paint this one white top/orange bottom. I may go with a grey similar to my own truck.

I plan to make it like most old Landcruiser, very rusty. I can use my FJ62 for reference. Ha. It's quickly dissolving.

20160701_193846-jpg.1289236

ShopGTR

Cruisin'
Need to run out in a bit and get more glue. I should have the roof and front end secured this evening. These are 1.9 RC4WD MT's with MT tires as well. Easiest 1.9 set to grab out of the junk drawer. It'll have Landies and hubcaps when it's done.

FJ55-6.jpg

FJ55-7.jpg

FJ55-8.jpg

FJ55-9.jpg

Teddy

Wow, that's huge !! I like it.
You should start with a Cmax chassis to handle this length.

ShopGTR

Cruisin'
You and 4th are probably right, and as I'd like it to be leaf sprung, I believe is very doable on a Cmax. I'll see what I can figure out from them. Thanks.

imthatguy

Putting it in "H"
I can't wait to get started on mine. Just three other things to finish first. Sigh. I'm glad it's big.

pardonmyn00b

What the hell was that?!
So what?s the wheelbase on this thing? I have this version too but forgot. I might slap it on my HJ47?s chassis.