Manitou FJ55

ShopGTR

Cruisin'
I built a bridge in my backyard to play and snap pictures. So here goes.

FJ55Bridge2.jpg

FJ55Bridge3.jpg

FJ55Bridge4.jpg

FJ55Bridge5.jpg

FJ55Bridge6.jpg

FJ55Bridge7.jpg

FJ55Bridge8.jpg

FJ55Bridge9.jpg

FJ55Bridge10.jpg

FJ55Bridge11.jpg

ShopGTR

Cruisin'
I did this for both my 110's so I figured keep tradition alive...and made an RC version to go inside the RC version.

It's a Busch 1:87 scale model railroad display Landcruiser. But it appears more LC70ish than FJ55ish, so you'll just have to pretend along with me. Painted in the same colors as the slightly larger one. Might do some more detailing to it, but it will soon reside in the rear trunk area. The remote is a pretty close copy of the Spektrum I use, found on Shapeways.

Also added an antenna. Guys complained the radio had terrible signal. And added some holiday cheer to the front end for the upcoming season.

Mini1.jpg

Mini2.jpg

Ant.jpg

Mini3.jpg

ShopGTR

Cruisin'
Couple few updates.

All these welder voltage gauges got me thinking, and so I added a display to the subwoofer box and covered with a ProLine amp. Just thought it was cool to have the voltage...why not.

Amp1.jpg

Amp2.jpg

Amp3.jpg

Got the new license plates. Figured easier that telling people what it is.

NewPlate.jpg

NewPlate2.jpg

Raised the cooler floor to make it look more full, ha, and added magnets to pretty much everything on the roof, minus the bike, to make it easy to pop off for work, or play, or whatever.

Cooler2.jpg

Magnets1.jpg

A weird one. I had a spare channel on the RC4WD wireless light setup. Was thinking license plate light, wasn't going to attempt front blinkers, but decided I wanted some light inside. Was going to try a dome light, but the wiring didn't seem fun, and I already stuck the headliner material in, so...

I found these lanterns/lamps on eBay, cheap, and drilled them out and used the rice bulbs again. I dig them. The bottoms are hollow, so I found that a dime fit well and looked odd enough. A little rust paint and bam, dime bottoms. I do have a couple Christmas Story Leg Lamps en route, so I may mix it up a bit later on. Late night eBaying can find some odd stuff.

Lamps3.jpg

Lamps2.jpg

Lamps4.jpg

Lamps5.jpg

The rear lamps are channel 4, channel 3 is floor lights so you can see the interior in the evening.

FloorLight.jpg

And finally, wanted to try this for a bit. Guys had a little off and blew a tire. Used a Gmade steel wheel as it bent better than cast aluminum would have.

FlatTire1_2.jpg

Thanks for checking it out,
Cory

imthatguy

Putting it in "H"
Yeah, uh.. Like, stop? Or something?

This is a very, very good build. The attention to detail is really leaving me speechless. Great job Cory.

JEEPYEAH

Love all the recent additions! It keeps getting better, now you need to add all of the new details to the inside of the 1/87 rc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
Outstanding, the RailRoad RC's are a really nice touch... lantern's a bit of a fire hazzard though.
It's a beautiful truck!

ShopGTR

Cruisin'
I could not help myself.

In my search for lamps or lanterns, I thought, what's a cool lamp? And the Christmas Story Leg Lamp was my first choice.

Found one in a model train place, another from Hallmark...both on eBay. Purchased.

Train one was more translucent, but lacked the detail, and was kind of small.

Hallmark was awesome, but solid. Fiberglass it seems as I was covered in it. Hollowed it out as best I could with a die grinder and metal bit at my shop, drilled all the way through the leg to run the wires, not easy, and then connected 2 rice bulbs on channel 4 of the wireless. So the lanterns and the leg light are on the same channel.

Odd, totally. Once I got it in my mind I had to make it happen.

Hope you dig it.

LegLamp1.jpg

LegLamp2.jpg

LegLamp3.jpg

LegLamp4.jpg