Manitou FJ62

ShopGTR

Cruisin'
My bad.

Few more:

2nd pic shows the only real damage the truck took. I had gutted the rear bumper on the outer sides so it looked like the 1:1. Got hung on a rock and busted it up a bit. I've already begun rusting the damaged area but think I may pull a Bonards and try making a metal bumper.

US1.jpg

US2.jpg

US3.jpg

US4.jpg

ShopGTR

Cruisin'
I have wanted a set of the JS Scale keys since I first saw them, but the shipping from France was too much for such a small item. The wonderful folks from JS Scale were at USTE, so one of the first items I purchased from them were several sets of keys. $5 for 3 keys on a ring. 4 sets...I'm good for a while.

The door set will pop out when the truck goes out for a drive, but will remain in the door while on the shelf. The ignition set will remain in place all the time.

I love these keys!!

JSkey1.jpg

JSkey2.jpg

JSkey3.jpg

Wrencher

you know this really is a top notch build. that engine bay is awesome. really nailed the details and weathering. some of those outside shots are so perfect. one to be proud of for sure.

2Beers

It's me again.
Yup
Send to meeeeeeee.
I wana just run the wheels off it.:laughing:

Seriously a neat Little truck.
Absolutely love the stock believable appearance of it.
very well done my friend.

ShopGTR

Cruisin'
Thank you both very much.

I was a little apprehensive at first but the 62 was a lot of fun out on the trail. It's a bit huge but manages to get itself around pretty well. The overdive is key in moving this boat!

I really appreciate all the kind words. Thanks so much!!

ShopGTR

Cruisin'
Congratulations, well deserved.
Don't know how much I'll dare to drive mine though !!! :laughing:

Thanks!

I will admit I was a little nervous but once it showed how well it could get around, and the fact it's already a little worn looking, it was no problem. I will more than likely never take the 55 on trails like this, but it's the looker of the bunch, the 62 can the worker.

jossUK

Supporting Member
Thanks!

I will admit I was a little nervous but once it showed how well it could get around, and the fact it's already a little worn looking, it was no problem. I will more than likely never take the 55 on trails like this, but it's the looker of the bunch, the 62 can the worker.

Yeah that's true, mine wasn't exactly showroom condition lol

jossUK

Supporting Member
I am excited to see yours. Your 3D printing has been really cool.

Thanks. Still waiting on the weather to improve to put the final clear coat on the body lol, bumpers, door handles, wipers etc are all painted and ready to fit.

ShopGTR

Cruisin'
Excellent! Excited to see it.

And yes the cold is holding me off from painting some lexan drift bodies I want to get done. C'mon Spring!!

ShopGTR

Cruisin'
Thank you!!

And side note too funny you have a Tamiya Hornet in your profile picture. It was my very first RC, then I recently saw one at USTE and had to buy another one. Should be here next week. Woohoo Hornet!!

luckland

Supporting Member
Thank you!!

And side note too funny you have a Tamiya Hornet in your profile picture. It was my very first RC, then I recently saw one at USTE and had to buy another one. Should be here next week. Woohoo Hornet!!

I don't remember why I started using that picture, but Hornet is one of the RCs I bought when I returned to this hobby after 30 something years of absence. It's fun to build and drive it, and most importantly it is very cheap!
I have a project in mind using Grasshopper body, though I am not sure if it is feasible or not, while collecting some parts that might be useful.