Max5

grnjetta6

I fried my stock esc in my Arrma Infraction. So I bought a Max5 and installed it the other day. Now I have no power to the steering servo or motor fans. I check the plugs to make sure they are plugged in right. I swapped radio systems and still nothing. Any suggestions on what might have gone wrong or what I may need.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Deric

BEC issue for sure.
Sounds like your rec is not getting power, or depending on the BEC setting maybe it is putting out more power than the radio equipment can handle?

Find out which lead off the ESC is suppose to provide power to the REC. I check and the MAX5 does have a built in BEC.

Deric

grnjetta6

I just checked the red and white wire with a voltmeter. I get 6v on the red and 3v on the white. Not sure what that means other than it has a 6v bec. It's a spectrum srs6000 which looks like it can handle 9.v v

77c627f4440d84c79bebb94faecbe6d1.jpg

Deric

Hmm, and you tried a different receiver?

Maybe plug a battery into the receiver alone without ESC plugged in and make sure everything works.

if you could post a pic of your receiver with everything plugged in that could help.

Deric

grnjetta6

Here is the receiver set up. So the esc overheated and the on/off switch sparked(thinking the on/off switch may have been the point of failure) What's the chance that the servo and fan got fried
4a1e0b203dbd88045045fcfc598dc54e.jpg
35936a175c8b7c291393eefec3f32d9f.jpg

Deric

unfortunately pretty good. If something is getting fried it means wires are crossed somewhere.

grnjetta6

unfortunately pretty good. If something is getting fried it means wires are crossed somewhere.
It happened on a 92 degree day while I was running the spool and high speed set up. The power switch made a crackling sound and I could smell burnt electrical