MrCommaD learns 3D Printing!!!

MrCommaD

Amazing attention to detail. Wonderful::2thumbs

Just out of curiosity, how much hours do you approximately put in designing one engine? I'm mechanical engineer and it interests me as that's really impressive level of detail. Do you use pictures as reference or do you have access to blueprints of the engines?

Fusion 360 is really good choice. It has pretty much all functions of a professional 3D design software, it's relatively cheap and there are ton of good tutorials available.

Thank you very much.

The number of hours vary, but on average there are well over a hundred hours in each one of my engine designs. Used to be a lot more as I am self taught on CAD. I only started teaching myself just over a year ago.

As for reference, I use photos I find via Google images. Lol if I could find blueprints it would probably help speed up my design time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrCommaD

No longer a rendering. Really pleased with how the finished product turned out.

5219cd0defb9505a506a672e436aebc1.jpg

CrawlingFinn

V.I.P. Member
Thank you very much.

The number of hours vary, but on average there are well over a hundred hours in each one of my engine designs. Used to be a lot more as I am self taught on CAD. I only started teaching myself just over a year ago.

As for reference, I use photos I find via Google images. Lol if I could find blueprints it would probably help speed up my design time.

The fact that you use pictures and estimate dimensions etc. and you have been 3D modeling only for a year makes this work even more amazing, if possible. Huge respect, keep it up!

MrCommaD

I have been slacking on forums lately. I apologize. I need to get back to posting and reading here more. So much inspiration and talent!!!

I have been busy designing!

T-22re
2dc000ceb62f01ea74a922ed3f49d6be.jpg

T-2F
bea19455128bfbd8026113574f2d710b.jpg

Big Block Zoomy
6696ae1c6685a0a3e4261215f24a8728.jpg

And more to come!

Sayroll

Supporting Member
These are fantastic, and I really consider getting one. But unless I missed it, I haven't seen any tips on how these are installed.
For example, do they work only on a scale transmission with the motor in the center, like GCM's, or could these also be installed on a transmission from a Trail Finder 2 for example?
Sorry if my question sounds a little noob...