My own FJ40 for inspiration...

Honger

Supporting Member
Have been hunting for 2-3 years now in the region. Was originally looking for an FJ45LPB (long bed pickup). Those are fairly expensive even in bad shape because they are still used extensively on farms and fishing beaches here. So I broadened my search to basically include FJ40's and FJ45 Troopies (both of which work better for me so I can take my boys with me). Finally scored one that met the conditions I had... solid chassis, minimal rust, drivable on day one.

001firstsight.jpg

002rear.jpg

003twof.jpg

005dash.jpg

006under.jpg

007under.jpg

Needless to say, I'm stoked! Now I need to build a scale version. =)

LRTd5

Supporting Member
wow... what a ?pre? christmas gift

congratulaion

...sent from my bongo drum thingie, using tapatalk

Honger

Supporting Member
Congratulations. What a beauty! I just read your story in Toyota Trails

Thanks man!
Yeah, I've got a third article for Trails cooking now that gives the whole backstory on this rig. I've been working on this one since September? and only last week managed to get it registered and in my name.

DRW-FJ40

chicks dig small trucks
She's a beaut Clark!

Article in Toyota Trails? I need to reactivate my membership.

You've got me motivated... ordered a PerTronix Ignitor II System from cruiser outfitters... there goes all my little toy truck money.

Honger

Supporting Member
I've been immersed in this project quite a bit over the past two years. Sidetracked me from tiny trucks. But it's been worth it...

238shiny.jpg

237uaecruisers.jpg

Halme

V.I.P. Member
These images are computer generated, right? :lol: ::bigdrool Unearthly, show level quality restoration work.

Honger

Supporting Member
These images are computer generated, right? :lol: ::bigdrool Unearthly, show level quality restoration work.

Wow! Simply beautiful...

Thanks for the compliments gents. I'm thrilled with the final product.

I think I may need to move to the UAE so I too can have a completely mint Land Cruiser.

Mint indeed... and being driven nearly daily and I've taken it to the desert three times now. Parts and labor make this a far more affordable endeavor in the UAE. Although the fever is taking root here and the prices are jumping just as they are back in NA. =)

I've gotta clear my tiny truck workbench of projects so I can embark on the matching scale build...

Sudie

Yeah, I've got a third article for Trails cooking now that gives the whole backstory on this rig megajoker
. I've been working on this one since September? and only last week managed to get it registered and in my name.