Nigelpheron's Micro Landscapes

nigelpheron

Supporting Member
Rocks done

Got all the rocks blended in, and land-slide debris done. I just have to add a few more trees, the I can start on the waterfall / pond feature.

An aquarium water pump will go in, and then the ponds will get thier surface details. I used different sized tallus to do the pond's gravelly bottoms. Intake and outlet fittings will be hidden, then all airbrushed to give a look of depth, and age-stained waterlines.

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

Then I can fill it and try it out.

nigelpheron

Supporting Member
Thnax.

I can't wait to crawl on it. Actually, I'm going to wire the un-finished crawler, and have a go at it.

nigelpheron

Supporting Member
Pump's good

I tested the cheap pump, and it works good. Dollar-store+1

I just have to install it, and do the water-area airbrushing. Stuff like greenish algae around the wet-perimeter, and dark silty areas to give depth.

46.jpg

nigelpheron

Supporting Member
Air-brushed

I just did the air-brusing. A couple different greens, and a couple different blacks, followed by a clear to seal it all.

48.jpg

Tomorrow will see water...

nigelpheron

Supporting Member
It leaked

Got some epoxy mud smeared under the leak. That should do it.

And, the water pump is to weak. (should have learned from a previous post on trickling water in your scene). I want it to pour down the falls with some trickling noise. With this pump, you can only see the water slightly trickling.

nigelpheron

Supporting Member
"L", For Lame water pump.

@canadianlimitededition; I got to get working on the truck again. Finish the Unimog body plug etc. Also thinking of a wee MAN truck cab-thingy.

Got it all done. Even the plumbing. Check the wee pump switch under the cliff:

47.jpg

48.jpg

nigelpheron

Supporting Member
Thanx. I don't get out to the real woods much, so I figured I'd put the real-ish woods inside.

When my truck is done, I'll be backpack'n it with me when mountain-biking, and will hunt down some nice outdoor spots.

nigelpheron

Supporting Member
Not too much time and effort, but some. The landscape builds turn out nice, because mistakes are easily hidden, and because of the randomness of nature, mistakes aren't noticed.

Here is both scenes together in my den:

49.jpg

D

DOLPHENWULF

Great Idea. Im going tio have to get me one of those micro crawlers.