Rally Car Project

J

johndeerekid

well guys i have been trying to sell my tamiya ta02 for the longest time and have had no luck at all. so instead of just letting it sit there i decided to do something with it. heres how it looks right now-
Wesley521-1.jpg

Wesley520-1.jpg

i decided im going to turn it into a rally car. im going to be basing it mainly off of this car-
news63_41.jpg

news63_31.jpg

news63_11.jpg

so far i have gotten the body-
Wesley528-1.jpg

Wesley527-1.jpg

Wesley526-1.jpg

Wesley525-1.jpg

i also cranked the shocks down and raised the ride height-
Wesley524-1.jpg

Wesley523-1.jpg

Wesley522-1.jpg

i am hopeing to maybe get an airbrush and start aibrushing bodies, but if not ill take a trip to the lhs. i would also like to thank Tom F for his help with the body. i will also be most likely running these rims- http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXSCG9&P=7 and tthese tires- http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGG35&P=7 . -Wes

H

Heathen

TA02 make awsome Rally cars. I just got aDF03 (same chassis just new name) and it is so tuff and rallies like a dream. Good luck.

J

johndeerekid

yeah ta02's are supposed to be the best rally cars. and thanks!

well this isin't a huge update but atleast it shows im working on it:D
Wesley702-1.jpg

Wesley701-1.jpg

i got my body mounted but im still waiting for my lhs to get some darn black paint.

i also got my monster energy stickers-
Wesley686-1.jpg

Wesley685-1.jpg

-Wes

J

johndeerekid

got them off ebay

well i was up till 2am painting a decaling my body so i could take it to the races and show it off, and heres how it turned out-
Wesley711-1.jpg

Wesley710-1.jpg

Wesley709-2.jpg

Wesley708-2.jpg

Wesley708-2.jpg

Wesley706-2.jpg

i tested it out with my buddy waynes foams and i found out its a 3mm offset front and a 6mm offset rear. anyway i tested it and it did pretty good. its got tons of power and it slid i little bit but once i get some rally tires and use it outside it wont slide anymore. -Wes