Reliant Regal Wreckfest Banger

Moosejaw14

V.I.P. Member
Painting a Kamtec Banger body for a friend and having fun with it. Honestly easy to be sloppy as that pretty much is displayed by the 1.1 racers.

Moosejaw14

V.I.P. Member
645CE84B-F96A-47AD-AF84-1604E5BF3347.jpg

So a pretty sturdy styrene body that Kamtec makes lots of for the pan chassis demolition derby Banger races. So added a number plate to the top and roughed up the body.

C1F185D1-A517-49AF-95D6-BA97A585EDAB.jpg

Kamtec leaves it up to you on cutting out windows, wheel Wells and body post holes.

Moosejaw14

V.I.P. Member
So maroon undercoat and some salt to weather it up a bit...

C6276187-99DC-4CD9-B2D3-550A10CCBE51.jpg

And went with this paint theme from the video game Wreckfest

154923B1-1F96-4729-9FFF-13DB72605576.jpg

Frizzen

Pretty wild car!

With the added number plate vertical stab, it sure looks like the one real TopGear tried to "send into space"

Those rc Banger races look almost as wild as the rc Demolition derbys using aluminum bodies

imthatguy

Putting it in "H"
I stupidly bought one of these too. Why? I don't know. Very nice job on the paint there Joe.

BaconNinja

Recovering Scale Addict
I am really digging that weathering job!! Especially how the rust is peaking through the yellow. Makes me want to buy something to paint.........dangerous

dagabba

Supporting Member
Yes yes yes!! I have thought about scratching some of these, didn't realise there's a body available!

Moosejaw14

V.I.P. Member
Pretty wild car!

With the added number plate vertical stab, it sure looks like the one real TopGear tried to "send into space"

Those rc Banger races look almost as wild as the rc Demolition derbys using aluminum bodies

The footage is crazy, one guy tipped over and he puts his arm out to right himself up in the middle of a race. Crazy!

Moosejaw14

V.I.P. Member
Airbrush skills are a work in progress so went back to masking and creating graffiti like sayings. Which is pretty random in the 1.1 Banger World. only recently did I have an idea.. I took out old glass from picture frames, placed some Tamiya masking tape on and then got the image on my phone to draw out. The glass rest above the phones screen and allows me to trace my stencil.

37A2D1C1-525D-46EC-BF0E-DE93A33A4D6F.jpg

Moosejaw14

V.I.P. Member
Then stencils (either with inner our outer cutout) got some cool graffiti like font work.

2A9D55A5-7FD4-454D-AE60-CE5AD05AACC8.jpg

With some black Molotow paint pins help.