: Rock Rod: - Axial Wraith Build Off Entry

H

Hillbillycrawler

Here is just a tast of what the paint might look like.
images

images

images

So who will let use have a look into whats to come next?

H

Hillbillycrawler

Should be here early next week.damn slow a Americans haha

H

Hillbillycrawler

Right on thanks for looking out.

Though maybe you didn't have your coffee yet this morning.

imthatguy

Putting it in "H"
It's strange how some people read words, and I mean no disrespect of course, but I thought I was being helpful. Def. had my coffee this morning, that's for sure!

H

Hillbillycrawler

Yeah by the time I looked the noobs post was gone.very thankful for you telling the guy to get his own thread going and not use mine.
Hope that my words didn't rub you wrong.

it's been very hard watching you guys build your Wraiths while I wait for mine to get here.I was told late August before I would get my preorder from CKRCCRAWLERS so I got a refund and ordered from Jpcustomrcs.com an he said that he was 95% positive that he would have them instock this week.Atleast I get to see what's being done before I start on mine.

M

Monkey

Yeah sorry that was me I deleted my posts. I thought it was a discussion cause he asks the question? "so who will let us have a look into what's to come?" I obviously don't understand.
I just joined, then I worked out it's his individual build for the wraith comp. My bad.

I'm gonna delete this too in a couple of days don't wanna take over your thread with a noobs mistake.

imthatguy

Putting it in "H"
Yeah sorry that was me I deleted my posts. I thought it was a discussion cause he asks the question? "so who will let us have a look into what's to come?" I obviously don't understand.
I just joined, then I worked out it's his individual build for the wraith comp. My bad.

I'm gonna delete this too in a couple of days don't wanna take over your thread with a noobs mistake.

It's all good man. No need to delete, glad you figured it out. Welcome to the boards! :rock:

H

Hillbillycrawler

So while I have been waiting for the Wraith to get here I came acrossed this pour thing sitting in a field just begging to get the good old Hillbilly treatment.
images

Some of the parts this little beauty is going to get.

2.2 Jconcepts Tense Beadlock Wheels
2.2 Pit Bull Rock Beast Tires
1311031648.jpg

Custom Drag link and Tie rod Thanks to The Doc/Mike from RCC
WRAITHIMG_33749.jpg

Full light set Thanks to BigBird/Rick
ProLine racing 72' Chevy Body Thanks to Muddywaters/Shilo
ProLine racing scale accessory set 1 & 2 and the light bar
Repainted the tools so they look better
Sorry about thiese pics my camera is messing up.
1311030833.jpg

3Racing winch (thanks to Kyle_l) with RC4WD King Kong Hook and BigBirds winch line
R2J Heavy Duty Pull Pal
attachment.php

And Much Much more......

Tracking says that the madness will begin tomorrow.

T

the sandman

you need a servo saver on there and dont forget the knuckles or they will break as well

H

Hillbillycrawler

Just ordered these bad mutha hunchers
yhst-19614592112113_2164_20100768

Can wait to get them on.

H

Hillbillycrawler

So I was mowing my yard "that's 1 acre"oh yeah and it's 100+ F.and the postal car comes in my drive way and give's me my Wraith finally.

I took off the stock tires and wheels and put on my Jcomcepts/Pit Bull tires and wheels.Then I flipped the link mounts on the axles and that's all for now.I must finish mowing before I can mess around with my toys the wife says.:p6639707:
Here are a couple pics.you can see were I stopes mowing to eyeball my new toy.
1311187808.jpg

1311187778.jpg

H

Hillbillycrawler

Nice. Glad you finally got it. I hated to see you suffer. :biggthumpup:
Those wheel/tires look cool on there.

Thanks Rick it was hard to watch everyone else have theirs and not me to.

I tool off the diff covers and painted them red then I took a sharpie marker and did a little detail work with the axial logo and the bolt heads.I think it looks pretty good.
1311192415.jpg

1311192629.jpg

I'll get some better pics when the sun starts to go down.

H

Hillbillycrawler

I had to steel one thing from another build and that was the micro toggle switch from Kevin.it was just to good of an idea.
1311204424.jpg

And here is the better pic of the diff cover.
1311204257.jpg

Last edited:

UNGLEWD

Supporting Member
Man you waited long enough... throw that mower out and get started! :laugh:
The diff covers look wicked in red, great idea.
Make sure to get some larger pics so we can enjoy all the details too