Rockwell style axles

cooper

Hi,

I'm making this housing to replace the stock housing on the HG p401 axles, to give them a nicer look.Think it will look good on military builds. These HG axles have potential. They have the same gear layout as the 1:1 rockwell, are pass-through and cost around 11d each,great for those multi-axle builds

featured_preview_71107018_2659864087411583_5092215506488786944_n.jpg

featured_preview_70936391_688718081538010_1594134295104978944_n.jpg

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3874198

notice now that the c-hubs have a different shape than the rear lockouts so to fit, you need to shave a lip on the c-hub

HugoBiermann

Very cool!

Would be cool to shape another to fit scx10 lockouts and C-Hubs. I might hit your model with a remix to accept scx10 hardware and shafts, if you don?t mind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cooper

Very cool!

Would be cool to shape another to fit scx10 lockouts and C-Hubs. I might hit your model with a remix to accept scx10 hardware and shafts, if you don’t mind?

No, of course I don't mind, I'm more than fine with it. Might even end using it :) . My next axle will be scx10 based, it will basically be a SSD D60 looking housing but narrowed and with half-spheres on the ends

Your nick was looking very familiar and voila! thingiverse... you have nice designs there

imthatguy

Putting it in "H"
That's very cool.

I really love the age in which we live, now if they could just make a printer that wasn't so fiddly...

HugoBiermann

Thanks!

Ive been running the HG axles on a couple of my rigs and for my causal driving its more than perfect. The price makes it even more attractive. Its just that its such an ugly looking thing, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cooper

Thanks!

Ive been running the HG axles on a couple of my rigs and for my causal driving its more than perfect. The price makes it even more attractive. Its just that its such an ugly looking thing, lol.

Yes, they are...stranger if you think they released that nice p408...you mentioned your rigs. have you done any with one of your own designs to print?

CrawlingFinn

V.I.P. Member
Those are definately neat looking axles! Those axles ordered in black nylon from Shapeways would look pretty peachy under some 6x6 military truck:hmmm:

That's very cool.

I really love the age in which we live, now if they could just make a printer that wasn't so fiddly...

Ultimaker 3 is pretty amazing straight outta box but that box does come with a hefty pricetag though. My sub 200$ Tevo Tarantula has pretty nice trackrecord with almost 1000h of print time in one year and really little issues. But I did take some time fiddling with it in the beginning though.

cooper

Those are definately neat looking axles! Those axles ordered in black nylon from Shapeways would look pretty peachy under some 6x6 military truck:hmmm:

This one will go under a 6x6 truck eventually...The axles in nylon would be super but I have the idea that to make anything available from the shapeways store, will have to make atleast a print of it. Shapeways is very expensive and there's about 9h of printing(on my printer) on those 2 halves

cooper

That's very cool.

Thanks! I have a Ender 3. It's very nice for the price. Needs a bit of TLC at first but is running great now. PLA and PETG!