Rusty Rod Go Fast Rrrrrrr!

Frederik

Supporting Member
Wow Ron! That looks all business! Really liking the overall look of it, the size of the front axle, chassis, all looks well proportioned. And the V8 looks just at home in there. And the rustyness of the chassis makes it look legit too. Great update!

Fred

Last edited:

2Beers

It's me again.
Wow Ton! That looks all business! Really liking the overall look of it, the size of the front axle, chassis, all looks well proportioned. And the V8 looks just at home in there. And the rustyness of the chassis makes it look legit too. Great update!

Fred

Thanks "fred" for the encouragements...much needed. ::2thumbs

And a 2Beers oopsy follie to laugh at.
Had an Idea I did.
Glued tw0 Tamiya tires together...
At this point and time I was like...... Yaaaaaaaaa Cooooooool.
Kinda has the look as a ole cheater slick for side profile.
Then I ran them over to the new AWESOME belt sand er dooooodad.
Things where going great for a quick sand off of tread.
But by golly...things got soft and a lil warm and next thing I know......
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam!
sucked the the little tire in-between the disk and table.
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
No worries though, Still got's all ten digits and eye balls.
;):laughing:::2thumbs

Hummmmmm:idea:...... Maybe stick with HPI tires after a second thoughts.
Enjoy and thanks for looking.
:laughing:::D::crazy:
IMG_2126.jpg
IMG_2127.jpg
IMG_2128.jpg
:laughing:::2thumbs

Caprinut

Whoa!

That could have turned nasty!

But I do love those tired slick tires, and the rest of the build too!
Have been thinking how to do the exact the same look of tire, and there is not much rc tires out there that have those knobs outside of the slick area, as you have there.
RC4WD tires have something that might work when the thread pattern is grinded away, but I'm afraid the rubber is too soft and too thin.
Had some RC4WD MTZ tires on my Bronco, and never have I seen a tire failed like those.
They was ultra thin, one tire was ripped apart 4 places across the whole thread area and two others was close behind.
After those I refuse to spend my money on RC4WD tires.

But I really want to build a rod later on, or make that several ones.
And have always loved the crazy custom 70s style t-buckets.

So much want, so little time to do it lol

Wow Mr Beers! Back at it again! Thanks for the heads up on the thread...
Sweet! Your chassis work always amaze me! Glad that you decided to get the V8 a home lol....! Can’t wait to see more...!

I really need to get back to building as well...been working on and off on the Fracture FJ40 and need to get back into the old Holdens..... think this is the inspiration that’s gonna pull me back in...! Thanks buddy!

2Beers

It's me again.
Whoa!

That could have turned nasty!

But I do love those tired slick tires, and the rest of the build too!
Have been thinking how to do the exact the same look of tire, and there is not much rc tires out there that have those knobs outside of the slick area, as you have there.
RC4WD tires have something that might work when the thread pattern is grinded away, but I'm afraid the rubber is too soft and too thin.
Had some RC4WD MTZ tires on my Bronco, and never have I seen a tire failed like those.
They was ultra thin, one tire was ripped apart 4 places across the whole thread area and two others was close behind.
After those I refuse to spend my money on RC4WD tires.

But I really want to build a rod later on, or make that several ones.
And have always loved the crazy custom 70s style t-buckets.

So much want, so little time to do it lol

LOL......Thanks Nut,
Yaaaa things got real exciting for a second.
Hard to believe that big old tire could almost squeeze threw such a tiny space between disk and table.:laughing:
But it can....The cheapy sander is actually quite a horse, Thought it would be a little cheesy because of price but it has some torques and horse power and was a super score buy.

Tire subject...I used super single semi tires for the rear of the 29 rat pickup.
sanded tread off and still had a ton of meat to the bone. Might try them again on another build I have envisioned.
As for this little brick, I seriously need to just use them HPI ones and give them a home. Been kicking them around for many years.

Wow Mr Beers! Back at it again! Thanks for the heads up on the thread...
Sweet! Your chassis work always amaze me! Glad that you decided to get the V8 a home lol....! Can?t wait to see more...!

I really need to get back to building as well...been working on and off on the Fracture FJ40 and need to get back into the old Holdens..... think this is the inspiration that?s gonna pull me back in...! Thanks buddy!

Huge Thanks Trin Trin.
Hope you don't mind the little changes on motor.
I am still going to make it run with the little set up you designed ;)
AND...I hope to see your mug posting up and about on that FJ.
The shenanigan's we can get into .....:laughing:
I do want to get an FJ40 still, so bring on the inspiration and break my wallet .

Thanks again everyone for the comments and views. Very appreciated.
Now that the basics of a chassis is actually constructed, I might get back on the body....
See where inspiration leads me this week.;)

2Beers

It's me again.
Home work fellers.
I'm looking for a decent blower looking manifold and carb set up.
Googled Ebuy and checked out a few items, but not finding much that looks right.

Any ides where a feller can get a reasonable priced good looking set up that could fit this V8 ?
Does shapeways have any thing someone has created...other venders..
Thanks

Caprinut

I have a cast engine from Trinny, two actually and one of them is going to get a blower.

My plan involves set the engine with flywhhel side on a table and mill off the old manifold with help of a bench drill machine.
Make a new manifold in styrene and then use a 130 size motor and use that to pull the 6mm wide blower belt.
I have bought such 130 motor and a 2mm to 3.2mm axle adapter, but still need to buy belt and pulleys.

That's my plan anyway..

Frizzen

On the drop axle, is the brass rod going over the frame rails a draglink?

Nice looking wornout tires, shame that the new Parts Flinger demanded a sacrifice. At least yours doesn't have the destructive power of a Parts Thrower. Try setting your table closer to the disk, like 1/8" - 1/16"

2Beers

It's me again.
I have a cast engine from Trinny, two actually and one of them is going to get a blower.

My plan involves set the engine with flywhhel side on a table and mill off the old manifold with help of a bench drill machine.
Make a new manifold in styrene and then use a 130 size motor and use that to pull the 6mm wide blower belt.
I have bought such 130 motor and a 2mm to 3.2mm axle adapter, but still need to buy belt and pulleys.

That's my plan anyway..

Thanks nut.
where on the same page.
I'm still pondering situation on a manifold...ugh
I do like the 6 pack looking one people are using for this this engine application...but $70.00..ugh.
Besides , Needs to be a little different I thinks too.

On the drop axle, is the brass rod going over the frame rails a draglink?

Nice looking wornout tires, shame that the new Parts Flinger demanded a sacrifice. At least yours doesn't have the destructive power of a Parts Thrower. Try setting your table closer to the disk, like 1/8" - 1/16"

Hi ya Frizz
It is a mock up steering drag link of sorts only for mock up though.
Just needed to use it for a measurement, camber or canter and keep wheels in right location.
I'm still looking at making a set of cheater slicks tires. just haven't gotten much bench time to figure things out.
I really do need to get these poor HPI ones used up and on sumthings . The dilemmas i tell you.
That being said, enjoy the next confusing post. :laughing:

2Beers

It's me again.
Hummmmmm
or 1927...chop top of course.
:hmmm:
IMG_2129.jpg

IMG_2131.jpg

If i go this body route.... I could also raise front axle and go with a Gasser look and big zooooomies in your face drag pipes.
No direction and lost as usual for a cool ride. :laughing:
IMG_2130.jpg

dagabba

Supporting Member
Looks brilliant!!

What an exciting build though, glad your hands are ok!

Don't know my Fords from my Ferds but it'll look great whichever way you go!

Frederik

Supporting Member
Mmm tough call, but I think I personally prefer with a roof. Now for the gasser look I search a bit to see how it looks in that era of body style, shooting a couple pics for reference. I think both gasser with cheater tires, or down low with forward shifted front axle looks very cool, so I am not really helping at all for the choice here lol

Glad your fingers are ok! And hopefully you have another (safe) go at it and make a working pair. Aren't those cheater tires usually just a small bit narrower than your first tire? Like maybe 1 tire and a half instead of two tires wide.

Keep the imagination going I'm sure you'll make an awesome choice anyway, and still have re-thoughts afterwards :laugh:

ault-james_bobrogers-jpg.1821569

dgyj661.jpg

2Beers

It's me again.
Looks brilliant!!

What an exciting build though, glad your hands are ok!

Don't know my Fords from my Ferds but it'll look great whichever way you go!

What a cool project 2Beers, good luck!

Thanks guys.
Very appreciated.

Hur hur! This looks illegal.

Please, make it more illegal! :biggthumpup:

Your Idea is my command...
;)See what will transpire shortly.

Mmm tough call, but I think I personally prefer with a roof. Now for the gasser look I search a bit to see how it looks in that era of body style, shooting a couple pics for reference. I think both gasser with cheater tires, or down low with forward shifted front axle looks very cool, so I am not really helping at all for the choice here lol

Glad your fingers are ok! And hopefully you have another (safe) go at it and make a working pair. Aren't those cheater tires usually just a small bit narrower than your first tire? Like maybe 1 tire and a half instead of two tires wide.

Keep the imagination going I'm sure you'll make an awesome choice anyway, and still have re-thoughts afterwards :laugh:

ault-james_bobrogers-jpg.1821569

dgyj661.jpg

Well now.... You've really gone and done it for sure. LOST IN IDAHO...help, help meeee :laughing:
I love the looks of both.
I too have gooooooogled to death both body styles. Their are some really neat Cars built and they all have a personality no doubts.
Traditional, Rod,Gasser, Rat....lots of things could happen for looks. That's the dilemma peoples.:laughing:
Awesome share. love both.
Thanks FRED.

2Beers

It's me again.
Spent a few hours wrestling with body's and a layout.
Finally made a decision to keep the 25 body, and go with a Track T look.
Currently ................
Thanks for looking and hope you enjoy the direction of it all.

Some simple interior, and I went threw and really strengthen up the body internally.;)
IMG_2132.jpg

I'll be covering the tenues cover with real leather, and make seat cushions to match once I decide on seats patterns.
IMG_2133.jpg

Decided also that simple is best for a motor look.
Single double pumper "Trini2" Holly carb, Air cleaner might get changed up a little bit....to be determined.::2thumbs
IMG_2134.jpg

Thanks again for following along.
It's starting to really put some weight on. I'm hoping helps it handle and drive appropriate.
Low CG and wide stance should help it out a bunch. Cross your fingers anyways.....:laughing:

Heartless

WHOOT!! Luvin the T-bucket version! (was really hoping you would go that route) :coolred:

cant wait to see what else you have in store for this one!

Frederik

Supporting Member
I love it, looks great with the detailed interior, and those headers and colors combinations on the engine makes it looks very realistic already. Good think you put this roll bar. It is all it takes to change this type of car from death trap to Volvo level safety! :laugh: And it looks good too hahaha

2Beers

It's me again.
WHOOT!! Luvin the T-bucket version! (was really hoping you would go that route) :coolred:

cant wait to see what else you have in store for this one!

Thanks heartless.
Trying to decide on a grill now too.
Thinking the round Track T snoot to bring home the right looks.
See where inspiration leads me next.

It will be sick either way this build takes...

This is the sickest A Ford I know of.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T5PSwf9Hg4&ab_channel=freakineagle

Awesome.....
Thanks nut.
Pretty cool indeed.

I love it, looks great with the detailed interior, and those headers and colors combinations on the engine makes it looks very realistic already. Good think you put this roll bar. It is all it takes to change this type of car from death trap to Volvo level safety! :laugh: And it looks good too hahaha

Thank you Fred.
I hope it don't land on it's head...but the way I drive....ahahahaa Roll bar a must.
Playing with putting a Wild willy's in it, Or least a driver of some sorts. Be a shame to shave off their head. :laughing:

Thinking ...:hmmm:..Need to get a grill up front now, Plans are to hide a 9g metal gear servo in it so it stays close to the axle.
That will taking some doing on building the steering rods and drag lings and make it all functional.
The rest should be plug and play.
Battery choice will be a 1500 3s small lipo. Might go under tenue cover and hide it as a fuel cell...don't know on that for sure yet, see what transpires in the next day or too.

Thanks again everyone for the peeps and comments.

:hmmm:Hummmm shiny paint job maybe too...that ought to throw the title of thread off.