Rusty Rod Go Fast Rrrrrrr!

2Beers

It's me again.
Not much to update, but I have been tinkering on this.
Made a Track T grill and snoot., Carved MDF and vacuumed formed...
Was in hurry and no pics...sorry.
But wasn't feeling like shape or size was right.
Back to the drawing board.

Hope to have a proper update shortly ;)

joe122

Wow....so much old school!! Quick change, T bucket, drop axle, tonneau cover....just killing it!! Did you find a remedy for the blower yet? You may be able to reach out to Todd Norton, on FB - Tan Wood Works....he is using resin printers, the quality and definition is super clean!!

Frizzen

This setup is really making me think more of a "Primer with Scallops or Flames" kinda paint job than something TOO shiny. Probably some Mag, Aluminum, and Chrome.

Anyway, i think the Turtledeck is working on here a lot better than the usual shorty Truckbed or fuel Keg on frame rails

2Beers

It's me again.
Wow....so much old school!! Quick change, T bucket, drop axle, tonneau cover....just killing it!! Did you find a remedy for the blower yet? You may be able to reach out to Todd Norton, on FB - Tan Wood Works....he is using resin printers, the quality and definition is super clean!!

Huge thanks joe
I don't do the other social media doodads. So that's out of the question.
I will be running the simple carb and air cleaner set set up.
I might do a custom scoop for a air cleaner though. see what happens.
Thanks for the info though.

This setup is really making me think more of a "Primer with Scallops or Flames" kinda paint job than something TOO shiny. Probably some Mag, Aluminum, and Chrome.

Anyway, i think the Turtledeck is working on here a lot better than the usual shorty Truckbed or fuel Keg on frame rails

Thanks frizz
I pondered on scallops actually the other day..:laughing:
I'm glad I am running with this body also as it's just a bit different.
It's going to get a clean paint job no doubts...For once, no rusty's ...hahahahahaa

I have the leather down on the cockpit cover is all I've managed to sit down and get done.
Still haven't remade nose grill.::awwcrap
Been busy with work and lifting another square body chevy 1:1.
Hope to have a worthy picture post soon though.

TrondOlsen

Supporting Member
Thanks, hopefully gets better shortly.
More soon.

Thank you.
Be fun to see it sitting at the gas pump no doubts.;)

Thanks I already built one from metal."the Original SUV" build. Brass,copper and plastics.
View attachment 35955

Thanks fred.
You know how my builds evolve...hehehehee wheel and tires choice change once we pick up some ideas and character.
But ya, i have had those darn wheels and tires kicking round for years. need to get them used up.

Huge thanks for the peeps n00b.
Far from your skills to make things look right, But I hope to please.

Motor is a bit large for the little car.
Lets make it just a wee bit more then too.
It needs to go fast Rrrrrr.
Bolt on 400 HP ....:laughing: Didn't turn out very well, but maybe a crazy custom air scoop and more details to keep the eye moving will help.

thanks again everyone.
View attachment 35956

That Rod looks great ::2thumbs
The driver looks like Matt :laughing:

2Beers

It's me again.
Heheheehee
thanks.
Ya, it's the guy from the mini series...farmed out of course in coveralls.
He's a great size to stuff in a lot of 1/10 scale vehicle's.;)::2thumbs

Should have a proper update in a few days my friends.
;) Hehehehee
Up to no good ...no doubts...;):laughing:

2Beers

It's me again.
Base coat silver...dry... wet sand.
4 coats translucent red....dry.... wet sand between Coats..
3 days later....I really don't have the patients for these paint jobs any more..:laughing:
But ya, super slick and shiny.
Breaking the chassis down and will paint pretty too.
Not much of an update but.....ya, shiny.
:laughing:::2thumbs
IMG_2135.jpg
IMG_2136.jpg

I'll be building a better snoot for the front and shake the steering out shortly.
Thanks for looking.

2Beers

It's me again.
nice smooth lines, almost sexy ;)

DAYUM!!! that is lookin super sharp!

Thank you

Getting stomped at the moment on a new track T nose.:laughing:
Two hours in and I think.. I can pull the vacuum table out and make a good pull now that I'm a bit happier with second grill.
Did a quick whip up on a junk piece of styrene.
anywhooooo
Giggling aloud.:laughing:
Hoping head lights and front shocks and a small oval nerf bar bumper keeps the eye moving... once I get their.
enjoy and thanks for looking.
IMG_2137.jpg
IMG_2139.jpg

JunkGTZ

Supporting Member
The nose to the late 30's Hudson Terraplane is also a popular but might not sit right with this being a T style body. I like what you're doing with this a lot.

Terraplane Nose on a hot rod.jpg

2Beers

It's me again.
Gorgeous colour!

Looking the nose too, has a bit of Auto Union Grands Prix car in it.

Thanks dagabba.
Things are changing up a bit as usual on the nose.
;):laughing:

The nose to the late 30's Hudson Terraplane is also a popular but might not sit right with this being a T style body. I like what you're doing with this a lot.

Great share and yes...One of my favorite looking pickups from their era.
Huge thanks.

Here's my dilemma's on a grill still.
Still not feeling like the shape of the track T grill was right, I threw it in the ever growing bench pile.
Grabbed the beer keg looking fuel tank and started carving out the insides.
After digging threw boxes and even into all my RC plane bins, I could not for the life of me find the little Baggy of Metal gear 9g servos...
So I hot glued a little plastic gear feller in for mock up.
I have the steering rod figured out...and now just need to make a correct looking scale steering draglink.

That only gives me room to build a traditional looking Radiator and grill to finish hiding servo.
But mock up is complete and it's all working and running. I need a higher turn motor as even the 3s lipo is still not quite as fast as I would like it to be. Probably burn them down though threw not enough cooling in V8, deal with that bridge when we cross it.
Whewwww that's a lot of typing, on to some silly pics.
IMG_2143.jpg
IMG_2144.jpg
IMG_2145.jpg

Slow goings But thanks for the views, interests and comments everyone.
Your keeping me focused on getting it finished.;)
I'm ready to break the chassis down again and make it purdy.....then all the small details that i hope bring it around.
More soon.

Frizzen

I think your Track nose needs the top forward corners brought in for a more triangle front shape, lowered into the frame a little more, and rake the top aft. Not really sure how well it fit the build, since it doesn't keep much air off the sbc. Maybe one of the 60s Kustom short squared off lotus 7 looking radiator shrouds would fit better? ed roth or george barris had some cutdown radiators, and wild shrouds

To me the keg / radiator brings us back more like 1960-70s and makes more sence with the quick change

So, i see all the electronics connected, how's it run?

Caprinut

Now we are talkin' ::2thumbs

I remeber there was a few hot rod builds in Street Machine Magazine that used those keggs as fuel tanks.
Also remember a Thames buuld with oak bed and a wisky keg on the back, oh memories!

2Beers

It's me again.
I do love shiny!!! That keg/servo/Rad surround looks great!!!!

Thanks my friend.

I think your Track nose needs the top forward corners brought in for a more triangle front shape, lowered into the frame a little more, and rake the top aft. Not really sure how well it fit the build, since it doesn't keep much air off the sbc. Maybe one of the 60s Kustom short squared off lotus 7 looking radiator shrouds would fit better? ed roth or george barris had some cutdown radiators, and wild shrouds

To me the keg / radiator brings us back more like 1960-70s and makes more sence with the quick change

So, i see all the electronics connected, how's it run?

Runs ok.
Trans is geared way slower then i thought it would be.
I need to get a higher turned motor ..maybe even brushless.
That way it goes really fast and will explode on impact. hahahaha
thanks.

:biggthumpup: the barrel

Thank you.
It's going to have to do for this one.

Now we are talkin' ::2thumbs

I remeber there was a few hot rod builds in Street Machine Magazine that used those keggs as fuel tanks.
Also remember a Thames buuld with oak bed and a wisky keg on the back, oh memories!

Thank you.
I probably have those mags on the shelf ahahahahaa.

Thanks for following along every one.
Very slow goings. only getting fleeting moments right now to poop around on it.
Chassis is shiny Black now.
Chrome soda pop caps for the front brakes look put on.
Found a used 9g metal gear servo finally in my mess.
A little silver paint on windshield, roll-bar, and instrument clusters.

Something to look forward to, for the next post.
That should be shortly.::2thumbs

Now if someone would please come install a trans in a 1997 4x4 chevy burban 1:1 I picked up this this week.
We would get a lot further on this little car.;):laughing:

Frederik

Supporting Member
Wow Ron the shiny red looks awesome! That makes it look so real, proof you got the shapes very accurately! I'm a fan of the new grille layout with the hidden servo, personally I prefer it to the rounded one. Can't wait to see the chassis in purdy mode :laugh: That will be a lot of purdiness in the same little package! You could name it The Purd! (actually I paused as I typed this to check for any unintentional meanings of the word, and it is not a good name if I trust urbandictionary :laughing: Too funny to not leave the comment lol Do you English speakers actually use that word for what I just read it was used??

Now good luck with the burban tranny! Can't wait for the next update now ha!

Caprinut

Good luck with your 1:1 one :biggthumpup:

I actually found the copy of that Street Machine Magazine, both online and in my shelf ::2thumbs
The Thames was featured in the Oct 83' issue, both that and a shortned gold van was on the cover.
Those mags are one of the best items my late father left me, I have also a bunch of other car mags from the 60,70 and 80s somewhere.

If the styrene sheets I've ordered ever turns up, I may make a Hot Rod out of them at some point ;)