Rusty Rod Go Fast Rrrrrrr!

2Beers

It's me again.
Wow Ron the shiny red looks awesome! That makes it look so real, proof you got the shapes very accurately! I'm a fan of the new grille layout with the hidden servo, personally I prefer it to the rounded one. Can't wait to see the chassis in purdy mode :laugh: That will be a lot of purdiness in the same little package! You could name it The Purd! (actually I paused as I typed this to check for any unintentional meanings of the word, and it is not a good name if I trust urbandictionary :laughing: Too funny to not leave the comment lol Do you English speakers actually use that word for what I just read it was used??

Now good luck with the burban tranny! Can't wait for the next update now ha!

Good luck with your 1:1 one :biggthumpup:

I actually found the copy of that Street Machine Magazine, both online and in my shelf ::2thumbs
The Thames was featured in the Oct 83' issue, both that and a shortned gold van was on the cover.
Those mags are one of the best items my late father left me, I have also a bunch of other car mags from the 60,70 and 80s somewhere.

If the styrene sheets I've ordered ever turns up, I may make a Hot Rod out of them at some point ;)

Thanks for the luck you guys.
I start pulling trans today, so I can be good and tired for work tomorrow.:laughing:

Very slow goings and I've rushed a bunch of stuff because of no bench time ...hence the very poor quality on build guys.
My apologize.
But pics as promised.
IMG_2149.jpg
IMG_2147.jpg
IMG_2148.jpg

I need to buy some chrome spray paint, and get stuff looking way better.
But ya, enjoy and thanks for following along.
Probably dive into interior a little bit next.:biggthumpup:

Frizzen

I love that you even have finned brake drums behind the wheels

Is it too late to move the fuel tank outlet to the other side? The header layout and rear dizzy makes it look Chebby, and i thought their mechanical fuel pumps were mounted down low on Right side of engine? --- derp, you're running a frame mounted pump, the line is already plumbed up to the carb, and you're running -AN fittings. Stfu frizzen, ya blind or something?

Maybe try to find a 4mm Molotow pen instead of 'chrome' spray?

Last edited:

2Beers

It's me again.
Huge thanks on the replies everyone and views.

Extremely busy guy here.

In a bad turn of events.:laughing:
I sat down a few days back and hand painted on some long wispy traditional flames..::D:
Just didn't like the looks it brought to the body though.
So off they came, and now the little car is the only color you could have back in the day. Black.
::awwcrap
But ........Yaaaa Satin Black is my favorite color. so no real loss.
I'll get a pic or two up soon with a few more engine details on engine at least added.......I hope.
Thanks for following along.
Still need to get some chrome paint or a pen too. :laughing:;)

Frederik

Supporting Member
I opened the thread and before I started reading I saw it in black an was all puzzled lol It is kind of cool that the interior is red accent, having the body black makes the cover and interior pop nicely. And it sits very nicely on that trailer :)

What are the wheels and tires on the trailer? Looks like the WPL kei truck wheels.

2Beers

It's me again.
I opened the thread and before I started reading I saw it in black an was all puzzled lol It is kind of cool that the interior is red accent, having the body black makes the cover and interior pop nicely. And it sits very nicely on that trailer :)

What are the wheels and tires on the trailer? Looks like the WPL kei truck wheels.

Thanks my friend.
they are from the tiny little truck known as WPL kei.
Harry/Bullitt sent them to me ..plus a canoe ... score.

Trailer as it's sits now....I only have five hours into it so far..and its a roller. :laughing:
I really need some serious bench time.
But yaaaaa, enjoy and thanks for the views.
IMG_2157.jpg
IMG_2158.jpg

seat and steering wheel ;)
IMG_2159.jpg

My father gave me a seven ch radio.
Now I'm debating on making things work and move around.
Steering wheel, drivers head like i did on a wild willys way back when, and who's to know working lights......
Probably accomplish nothing though, but it is a thought.:laughing:

Frederik

Supporting Member
5 hours and you have that nice of a trailer :) awesome. Steering and seat are a perfect match I think.

Now for the radio you need to find more features to use all those channels, power seat maybe? :laughing: Or moving carb! Oh but that does not use up an additional channel... lol

ShopGTR

Cruisin'
Love it!

Those are perfect trailer wheels. I have a set may borrow your idea.

And 1 vote for the seven channel and movement, please and thanks.

Frizzen

Now that your Bucket is full of Blackedy Blackness, maybe some pinstripe outline flames? Possibly get really crazy and color matched frame or suspension to pinstripe?

That's a really sharp looking trailer! Detail pics?

7 channels could keep a guy busy...

2Beers

It's me again.
5 hours and you have that nice of a trailer :) awesome. Steering and seat are a perfect match I think.

Now for the radio you need to find more features to use all those channels, power seat maybe? :laughing: Or moving carb! Oh but that does not use up an additional channel... lol

Thanks Fred
Lots off ideas to ponder no doubts.
He even mentioned putting FPV in a wild willy head out of a drone now that the cameras are so small.
And still make the head turn with steering.
Ahahahahaa
time and energy no doubts.

Love it!

Those are perfect trailer wheels. I have a set may borrow your idea.

And 1 vote for the seven channel and movement, please and thanks.

Thank you
Tires are a pit small
But when I seen them, Making a trailer out of them just had to be done.
One of my bucket listers was building a trailer too, so yaaaaa
;)

Now that your Bucket is full of Blackedy Blackness, maybe some pinstripe outline flames? Possibly get really crazy and color matched frame or suspension to pinstripe?

That's a really sharp looking trailer! Detail pics?

7 channels could keep a guy busy...

Thanks my friend.
After goofing up trying to hand paint some flames on the red paint....
Ive got to get something else figured out no doubts.
Door logo ? Moon eyes ?
but yes...it does need a little more.
See what I can do on some more pics of trailer.
I've cheated on suspension for it ...hehehhe ::2thumbs
Sofar it's stupid light too. Needing more ribs underneath to strengthen things up a bit more although.

Beautiful stuff Beers, love the tonneau, seat and wheel!

Thanks dagabba
very appreciated.
I've really rushed things along because of time on this one.
Hope to save it in the end results.;)

thanks again everyone.
you all rock!

2Beers

It's me again.
This is more for entertainment then educational.
Don't build like I do....I'm an Idiot.
:laughing:
Enjoy and thanks for the peeps.
Ground breaking trailer suspension....:laughing:;)::2thumbs
IMG_2163.jpg

IMG_2160.jpg
IMG_2161.jpg

And as we watch paint dry, A little bit of cutting out of some real DOT tape.
IMG_2165.jpg

Needs safety chains, lights , and some straps or come-a-longs but ya, a little progress my friends.
Been a fun simple little project.

2Beers

It's me again.
;)
IMG_2167.jpg
IMG_2168.jpg

Now if you just had a bumper built for Will's Willy...:laughing:
He's going fishing though.
IMG_2169.jpg

And the look of Buck's distain as the Ford hot rod sits in the Garage....Unfinished.....
IMG_2170.jpg

But Ya, Fun little project and needing to order a few things to get it finished up.
More soon....Be safe and best wishes everyone.

Frizzen

So cool getting to see your stuff working together.

I think i get it now. The posed Willis truck with trailer looks looks like he's coming back from like as estate auction. I borrowed a trailer to go down there, the canoe and T were both in some dudes barn.

Gas station looks sweet with a car in the shop