Scx24 Stuck In Reverse When Off & ESC Blew Up

JT Motenz

So I was replacing the steering servo and motor on my scx24 (Emax servo and Ox 050 motor), and when I was plugging everything in, (I plugged in the battery last) the truck went full throttle in reverse, with the control and ESC off.
I messed around with it some more, and then the ESC blew up and puffed that white electrical smoke of hell.
What did I do? Does this have anything to do with the new motor, or is my ESC going bad?
Please help and thank you, JT.

imthatguy

Putting it in "H"
What do you mean by "plugging everything in"? Sounds to me like the only way that could happen is if you somehow managed to not wire it properly and battery current is going directly to the motor. Otherwise, how would it work without the ESC? Some pictures would help, especially of the wiring.

Regardless, if something electrical smokes, chances are it's dead, never to return.

JT Motenz

What do you mean by "plugging everything in"? Sounds to me like the only way that could happen is if you somehow managed to not wire it properly and battery current is going directly to the motor. Otherwise, how would it work without the ESC? Some pictures would help, especially of the wiring.

Regardless, if something electrical smokes, chances are it's dead, never to return.
Thank you for taking the time to reply, what you are saying all sounds correct. Redirecting all that power straight to the motor if the ESC is dead.
What I meant, is that I was just plugging in the servo, motor, and battery to the ESC. There is not much else to do regarding they were both plug & play mods. (Unless they were screwed up from the factory)
Thank you!
p.s - I am getting the subscription soon, so I can post pics and all the other benefits. I am new so I just wanted to see how I liked it.